Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iTrips to be legalised.

Options
  • 15-07-2006 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭

In the UK see here. While I have never heard of anybody being actually prosecuted for using one of them, They are technically illegal under Irish and EU law.

This is a real pain for us who require one as it means they have to be sourced of the Internet and usually arrive from the USA or UK - even though are illegal there too until this is changed soon. Alot of people don't actually use iTrips but rather alternative makes but they still do the same thing.

Considering most cars now have built in CD players it is getting harder to connect your iPod/MP3 player to a car stereo or even your home stereo which is a good idea as it lessens potential damage being caused to the ears from earphones.

Good move by the UK and it will bring them into line with US regulation where such devices are legal and freely available compared to nannyish EU regulation.

But Bertie and Co. follow suit? Now that is $50,000 question? :rolleyes: If anyone here who has slightly better grammar than myself would like to pen a letter to the BCI or Comreg or whoever regulates our own Airwaves then maybe if alot of boardsies emailed the usual type of lobbying email then it might bring results.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Wow. How slow are you?
    FM transmitters have always been legal to obtain, and were sold in some Irish shops.
    ComReg announced that they will most likely be legalising them shortly. Look back through threads here, or here ya go

• Registered Users Posts: 16,052 ✭✭✭✭event

and the fact they are rubbish?

i wouldnt bother tbh, much bettre getting a stereo with a line in socket

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Replace your car stereo or buy a €10 transmitter. Yeah, thats a no-brainer alright :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

CiaranC wrote:
    Replace your car stereo or buy a €10 transmitter. Yeah, thats a no-brainer alright :rolleyes:

So if I get the car charger for my ipod and the transmitter, I could have it charging and have it on my car stereo?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭youthacademy

i bought an fm modulator(aka itrip) for my creative zen, excellent quality. in the ipod shop in limerick, they now sell itrips...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

get an fm modulator. no interferance. maplin have em. tune it in as a radio station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Baby4 wrote:
    This post has been deleted.

What an Itrip actually does is broadcasts your ipod on the radio on a specific channel. It allows you to hear your music on your car stereo.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

PogMoThoin wrote:
    get an fm modulator. no interferance. maplin have em. tune it in as a radio station.

will a fm modulator work with non fashion mp3 players? ala iriver h140?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,849 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

Cremo wrote:
    will a fm modulator work with non fashion mp3 players? ala iriver h140?

Yep, they work with any MP3 player that has an FM radio between the usual frequencies of 87 - 108 MHz, which the iRiver H100 series does...

• Advertisement
Advertisement