Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Conroe on Komplett

Options
  • 15-07-2006 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, i am building a small fortress out of last nights potato mash to defend myself against the barrage of abuse that may follow for my ignorance, but.....

The conroe pricing is now up on komplett, and looking quite good as well.

Undercuts OCUK, especially on the x6800 and you can save a few cent on the 6600.

Anyway, I am probably well behind the times at this stage and this list has probably been out for weeks.....oh my good, the falkland islands have been invaded!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,614 ✭✭✭BadCharlie

You have an AM2 rig as is. Now u want the intel people just wont ever be happy :P.

will check out komplett now maybe when i c the prices i might what to upgrade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Haha, but i want it now!.......i only bought AM2 cuz i wanted a new rig badly and wud prefer to wait for the initial creases in conroe and the motherboards to be worked out, so a few months of gaming will be had, plus i can keep my RAM.

oh the bog standard chip looks good. Prob could over clock it but for 185euros it dont seem that bad at all. http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=322631

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Why they say "temporarily sold out". :confused: Are they not taking pre-orders?

Was on fone to OCUK yest & asked how soon after the 24th do they expect to dispatch my E6600. His answer was "on the day".
    Should i believe him or will i be waiting weeks?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

PogMoThoin wrote:
    Why they say "temporarily sold out". :confused: Are they not taking pre-orders?

Was on fone to OCUK yest & asked how soon after the 24th do they expect to dispatch my E6600. His answer was "on the day".
    Should i believe him or will i be waiting weeks?

depends how many they are getting in. i'd believe him as OCUK are normally bang on when it comes to getting a sale.

• Advertisement

I also belive OCUK have a big stock of these cpu's on the way so id say they will post it out on the day.

At any rate, the pricing is very competitive for Core2, i wonder how many of the extreme chips will be bought by people here? 1000 euro :eek:

Nice 2 know. cheers.......cant wait......itchin for this :D

I doubt if any more than a handful of the extreme chips will be sold in Irl. Overpriced. Even if i could afford, i dont think i would. Multiplier is even locked on E6700 (nearly sure, correct me if i'm wrong), would have 2 go for the E6800 2 get unlocked multiplier.

I think u r right, 6800 is the only unlcoked one. But on anandtech they have a nice big review of conroe out and the 6600 seems to be the best clocker anyway, 67% overclock i think they got, up to 4GHz on good air cooling.

4Gigs OMFG:eek: ........Gettin excited @ the thought of it. :D
    post that review if you can pls

Gonna run on stock for while 1st (for as long as i can resist)

You wanna get shoppin.........lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Hoping to buy in September, hope there's stock around that time.

What type of ram would be good to pair with Conroe?

I got this 1 comin from sis in NY:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227078

Tried to change to this at last minute but she had already ordered:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820227030

Should be ok with 1st 1. Mobo only supports 667Mhz so 800Mhz wouldn't be fully utilised until its oced to the max.

Anandtech's conroe review

Its buried somewhere in here Pog, in the overclocking section towards the end.

Looks tasty, good article too

Cheers Voodoo, give me something 2 ponder over later & lick my lips..:D

Nice article :D Notice they didnt get extreme edition to clock beyond 4Gig. E6600 looks the best value. Reassuringly satisfying :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

What mobo's are you putting your conroe into?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

What mobo's are you putting your conroe into?

Thats a better question

Indeed. I guess its going to be a 'wait and see' policy from me. People on OCUK already have some conroe systems and seem to recommend the intel chipsets on sale there. The 965 only costs 110 euro, seems good to me. I think the ASUS P5W wont work without a BIOS flash which means you need a spare P4 processor lying around. The DFI is also popular (on pre-order of course, i cant find any reader reviews yet) but they all seem quite pricey.

Personally i wud probably go for the Intel DP965 if i were buying now.....which im not, oh and one of those E6600 processors, yeah that wud be nice.....and a red fire truck......

Got DFI ordered. Its in stock in OCUK. Should have it tue/wed. Coolaler setSuper-pi world record on that mobo. look:

http://xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=103025&highlight=dfi+conroe

By the way, You can get Asus to send you the new bios chip instead of flashing bios.

Nice board man, did u say you are gettin the E6600? Be sure to post some benchies as soon as you can, best of luck with the rig!

• Advertisement

Cheers. Gonna run on stock 4 a bit (as long as i can hold myself back). will post some stock benchies as soon as i get it built. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

lol im getting excited too :) i getting the 6600 :D and the Asus P5W DH Deluxe WiFi mobo.... found some nice reviews bout it and its got those nice little extras that will make you drull :D eg remote, cooling etc.. ... what you guys think ?
    http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Online_Catalogue_Asus_177.html
    i wonder.. think i could get those 4ghz with a nice big akasa heatsink being that of the Akasa EVO Blue Heatpipe Copper http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/Akasa_CPU_Coolers.html

p7170063ac5.th.jpg

Board arrived. Rest comin. Went for DFI before Asus cos you gotta either flash bios with old chip or order new bios chip from asus. Hope you realise that Doomgate!....Best of luck with your build :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 540 ✭✭✭RazielDoomgate

did notic that :S when reading some of the customer reviews but according to them it is easy to upgrade if i get one with that is shiped with an old bios... but we will have to see since i buying everything in 1 go on the eve of cronoe :D good luck with your build pog :) remember to post your benchies :D

Majestic! Hope it all goes well, gotta start saving for conroe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

E6300 Allegedly hiting 3GHz with relative ease.... Makes you wonder would the 6600 be worth it....

reviews say E6600 has best clockability....67%. Clocks higher than the extreme. But 3Ghz from budget chip is amazing. :eek:

It all looks nice but your talking about 400 to 500euros for an upgrade ? When you get your cpu motherboard and more ram. And in my case i would have to go PCI-e also so thats more money. Would love to get something like the new intel chip but cant get that money together for some time. Bummer!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭Explosive_Cornflake

The e6600 has a 4mb cache, where as the e6300 has a 2mb, but andantech seem to think it makes at most 10% difference.
    I need to get pretty all new hardware. Cpu + board + ram + pci-e graphics come to 1080E alst time I priced.

• Advertisement

The e6600 has a 4mb cache, where as the e6300 has a 2mb, but andantech seem to think it makes at most 10% difference.
    I need to get pretty all new hardware. Cpu + board + ram + pci-e graphics come to 1080E alst time I priced.

I would love to have that spare cash then i would go for one of these machine. I think i will just order a AMD 3700 chip instead tonight. Will only cost 145 with shipping.

Advertisement