Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Interview for H Dip In Primary with Hibernia

• 15-07-2006 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

I have an interview next week for the H Dip in Primary Teaching with Hibernia
    College

As i do not have any prior teaching experience, I was wondering what the chances are of getting this course, as I this is my last chance having failed to get in to Mary I twice before.

Can anyone give me an idea of what I might be asked in both English and Irish.

i would REALLY appreciate some info on this, especially if there are any people out there who are doing the course and did not have previous teaching experience

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Hi..
    I'm on the course at the moment! The following threads were discussed in the past few months on this board and give you most of the info you'll need.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054872313
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054928872
    www.hiberniacollege.net

I'm up to my eyes at the moment but theres enough there to get you going for today.

The main things in my opinion are, have your Gaeilge brushed up for the interview, there's normally 10 mins or so where they switch to Irish to test you out.

Be able to give examples of why you think working with children is for you.. youth club leadership, GAA club coaching etc.

Have a read of the introduction to the new curriculum. Its available to download from the NCCA website. Dont go into it in too much detail.. just read the intro's and scan the rest.

Best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Cooch

Thanks for the info...................appreciate it.
    Best of luck with the course

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 poptart007

Hey Cooch - how did the interview go? Am thinking about applying for this course myself as it's what I've always wanted to do.
    Just wondering what kind of questions do they ask as Gaeilge? Is it equivalent to the LC oral? Or is it more related to the course/interview itself?
    Go raibh mile,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭serabi

I've my interview next week-
    I'm terrified.....
    do they tell u if u got it on the day or what?

I'll check out those links now

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Helmet

Howdy,

I'm looking into doing a post grad in primary teaching, wondering if I could get a bit of info (I'm looking at you Trotter).
    Are Hibernia still taking applications for 2007, they say on their website that they are but is this out-dated?
    Secondly, how did everyone get on in their interviews, what was the duration, did yis get accepted?
    Trotter, do you know of anyone who has completed the course and how have they found job-hunting?
    Is there a bias on the behalf of schools to lean towards the likes of Pats or Mary I?
    I'd really appreciate any responses to this.
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Helmet

Sorry, just read the attached links, pretty much answer everything I wanted to know.
    One more thing though, I only have a 3.1 pass degree in Analytical Science, do you reckon this is acceptable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 buttons/shelly

hiya cooch or anybody !!!
    i see that you hav applied for the post grad in mary i b4. my interview is on friday and as you have done the interview i was wondering if you could give me any pointers on what they actaully ask you and what kinda questions they ask you in irish also ?
    i would really appreciate a reply !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 coletteq2004

Hi

Can anyone please give me useful tips on how to prepare for Irish oral interview. I would really appreciate if someone who has done the interview can advise me on what types of questions they may ask me.

Regards,

colette
    Trotter wrote:
    Hi..
    I'm on the course at the moment! The following threads were discussed in the past few months on this board and give you most of the info you'll need.

www.hiberniacollege.net

I'm up to my eyes at the moment but theres enough there to get you going for today.

The main things in my opinion are, have your Gaeilge brushed up for the interview, there's normally 10 mins or so where they switch to Irish to test you out.

Be able to give examples of why you think working with children is for you.. youth club leadership, GAA club coaching etc.

Have a read of the introduction to the new curriculum. Its available to download from the NCCA website. Dont go into it in too much detail.. just read the intro's and scan the rest.

Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

Hi

Can anyone please give me useful tips on how to prepare for Irish oral interview. I would really appreciate if someone who has done the interview can advise me on what types of questions they may ask me.

Regards,

colette
    Trotter wrote:
    Hi..

www.hiberniacollege.net

Best of luck!

If you type in Hibernia+Interview into the search area you´ll get lots of info there. Save me typing it all out again :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 OiscinG

Hi Lads,

Just wondered, I sent in my application to Hibernia nearly 5 weeks
    ago now. Does anyone have an idea when I should hear back
    about an interview date?

Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭Ruby-J

You should have received it by now? I applied the 13th july and got my interview date this week for the end of august. so theres about 2-3 weeks waiting when you apply. get onto the college and ask them.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭marymc

Does anyone have an estimate for the length of time between doing the interview and find out whether one passed or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 pinkorchid

Some say it takes about a month, it could take longer.
    I was accpeted on first interview but waited 7 weeks for a reply.
    It is a very good course. The students tend to be more mature and so for this reason very motivated!

Good Luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Pandoras Twist

It's usually about 3 weeks until they let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭marymc

Thanks guys. It ended up being just over a week until I got word that I passed. Induction was last Saturday, and it's nose to the grindstone from here on! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 48 FiveSpice

Hi Mary

I see you started the Hibernia recently. Would you be willing to share the interview questions?

Congrats on getting in

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 wendy06

Hi Everyone,
    Heard from hibernia college this morning and have an interview next week :eek: anyone got any hints or tips for the interview? would be greatly appreciated :D thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Linho

Hi wendy06, sorry can't help you but can I just ask you when you applied and is it for the March intake? Thanks. I'm in the process of applying at the moment and am just trying to get an idea of timescale.
    Good luck!

Advertisement