Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

reducing motor premiums

Options
  • 15-07-2006 3:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

hi

im just wondering if anybody could provide some info on ways in which to reduce motor quotes.i suppose this has already been mentioned on another thread already so apologies.

ive recently heard that some insurance companies do things like striking a deal wherby you agree not to drive between midnight and 7 a.m??could anybody clarify this?

im a first time driver(19) so you can imagine what kind of quotes im hetting at the moment! any info much appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

AXA used to do some deal involving a tracker in your car, not sure whether they still do? Also, Hibernian have a course called ignition, again I'm not sure whether you could avail of this. AFAIK, you have to have passed your test first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 shepherd

Not sure if it'll work at your age ( or maybe it'll work even better), anyways, I think putting your girlfriend on your insurance will lower it( assuming you have one of course).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

shepherd wrote:
    (assuming you have one of course).

With Stringfellows closing I'm sure there'll be no problem in buying one too :D

I'll be putting my missus on my insurance in a bid to lower the premium.. hopefully it will work now :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Stick any other female in your family/relationships on the policy and you'll get something off.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Is this legal if said female never drives?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nope they must have a licence and thier own policy. Although I guess they could have both and never drive! :)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,410 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Insurers will give you a quote based on statistics. Those statistics will show that e.g. a young single male driving x car is more likely to claim (with a higher claim amount) than the same aged male, married (with children) driving the same car
    mike65 wrote:
    Nope they must have a licence and thier own policy

Do they need their own policy (as in own a car and have insurance on that)? I thought not but I might be wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭wba88

Anan1 wrote:
    AXA used to do some deal involving a tracker in, not sure whether they still do?
    nope they stopped that. my bro got it done but between me and u i really dont think there is a tracker in the car.......

Advertisement