Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When is the Accommodation office open???

Options
  • 15-07-2006 3:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭

ive being ringin the acc office and theres being no reply. either they are lazy bastards or its still closed?
    does any1 know when its open cos i need to find a place for september FAST!!

Also, do yous think that €100/week is too much for a single room near college?
    what is ressonable rent.

i hate this time of yr, its so bloody hard to get a place to stay which is near college/clean/ and resonable rent.
    thats my rant over for the day, thanks for listening,
    pFd

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

Well I don't know much living at home, but that sounds ok, especially if it's a 9 month lease.

Do u mean the SU accomadation officer? If u don't that'd be sum1 u could ask for advice, + they usually have a list of some properties + stuff. I'm sure the number for that's on www.ucdsu.net

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

I think 100 is a very good price for a single room..the average is 110 and I know loads who pay that and are sharing! Last year i was paying 85 for a shared room for the flat form the MacDonalds ad [ie. it was tiny]

The Accommodation Office reopens on the 17th of this month, i.e on Monday iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭recyclebin

100 per week seems okay but look around and you might get a decent enough place for cheaper. I was payin 380 a month up to june this year for a single room with double bed . the house wasnt that bad but it could have done with a lick of paint and a good clean

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Daft.ie is great. Look through the sharing section. You should be able to get 400 a month near college.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Take it from someone who's been looking-you won't get anything near UCD for less! If you don't want it I'll take it off your hands :) ...maybe I'm not looking hard enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭pFd

thanks every1. that was very helpful. its a nightmare trying to get somewhere.
    thanks again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,551 ✭✭✭panda100

Siobhan in roebuck residences who has the list of the accomodation was up there the other day my friend got a list of her.What accomodation office are you talking about?

Id just use Daft.ie if I was you and also the evening herald are the best.Happy house hunting :)

Advertisement