Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4/1 Fulham to go down

Options
  • 15-07-2006 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what are peoples views on relegation from Premiership this year? I tihnk Fulham is a nice price at 4s? who would be your bottom 3? I know its early days but they're may be some value at this time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

seems a good bet,but waiting a whole season for your money(if you win)i could`nt do it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Was actually looking at these prices today. It’s not a bad bet as I think they will definitely miss Malbranque when he goes. Problem is that we could realistically expect two of the three promoted teams to go down as well so it could be tough enough.

That said, I quite like the look of Villa (5/1 with Coral). They seem to have no cash to invest in players, something which caused the squad to release a statement this week. They finished badly last season and I expect them to struggle this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Is Malbranque definately leaving? :confused:

Not so sure on Fulham to be honest, Al Fahed (is that how you spell it?) is a bit of a sugar daddy after all, I'm sure he promised Chris Coleman money to spend. They've already gotten Bullard, which is a good signing.
    If I was going to tip an established Premiership side to go down, I'd be leaning towards Charlton. They always nose-dive towards the end of the season, if they started on that form they would be flirting with relegation for sure. New manager now as well, nobody really knows how he'll settle in. 9/4 on Paddy Power.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,767 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Is Malbranque definately leaving? :confused:

Charlton.... 9/4 on Paddy Power.

isn't exactly great value, but I suppose it is too early to be betting on these matters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

14/1 on pp for Middlesbrough to go down is a good bet i think. New manager with no experience and they havent seemed to of made many signings yet.

• Advertisement

3/1 Fulham in PaddyPowers...not great value. Best to leave it til season gets rolling. Cant wait to be honest. Yeha Middlesboro is good value, but I can see them either 4th from bottom or 10th. Jeckle and Hyde team for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I can't personally see any value about just now on this market TBH. Far more interesting in the ante-post betting is the top goalscorers market. Harewood worth a fiver at ridiculous odds? :)

Bateman wrote:
    I can't personally see any value about just now on this market TBH. Far more interesting in the ante-post betting is the top goalscorers market. Harewood worth a fiver at ridiculous odds? :)

Here's a good site, links to top goalscorer prices with all bookmakers.

http://www.oddschecker.com/betting/mode/o/card/england-barclayspremiership/odds/2452931x/sid/622926

Harewood 80/1 with bet365, worth a euro anyway - sure ya couldnt buy a magnum for a euro boss, or 3 packets a tayto!

11/2 now at the half way point. Not great value considering how Charlton, Watford and the Hammers are doing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Tubbertown1982

14/1 on pp for Middlesbrough to go down is a good bet i think. New manager with no experience and they havent seemed to of made many signings yet.

Any team who beats chelsea doesnt get relagated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Fulham v Boro
    Boro v Charlton

2 big matches for Boro before Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I knew i should of had them on betfair, job would be done already.

What are peoples opinions of this at this stage. 6 teams down there in trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

Trilla wrote:
    What are peoples opinions of this at this stage. 6 teams down there in trouble
    still a good chance they could go down,there form atm is very poor.how much have you on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Fulham have a hellish run-in too. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭PADDYPOKER

Fulham away to Arsenal, Home to Liverpool and last game away to Boro which will be a non game for Boro (Boro should be safe at that stage) should give Fulham no more then 3 points if they are lucky more likely one point.
    They are in serious trouble all right but can hope that the teams below them WH and Charlton don't pick up points on them for the next 2 games.
    They do have the advanatge of joint best GD at -19 :eek:

Advertisement