Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alcohol prices

Options
  • 15-07-2006 5:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭

Is it the law for Irish bars/niteclubs to show a pricelist? At the club I usually go to, the prices seem to go up as the night goes on, and the prices are different depending on the bar you go to in the club...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

The bar must display the prices, but you very often notice that they have two prices stated one before x o'clock and one after.

I can't see how different Bars in the club have different prices but maybe I am reading you incorrect; are the bars in the same room or just the same building?

Theres a pub near me, that have different prices in different bars, its the one building but divided quite clearly into 3 sections (one generally filled with 16 - 20 yo's, once with 20 - 30 and another bar with 50+. yes I know I left out the 30-50 bracket, it's jsut teh demographic's of the pub, it has a young section and an old). As far as I remember they have different prices, and tended to have different qualities of drink also.

One a different note I am going to a free bar tongiht so i don't have to worry about the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

I know certain bars' prices do go up as the night goes on, something to do with the extra cost of the late license, or so I was told when I enquired.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭JoseJones

I can't see how different Bars in the club have different prices but maybe I am reading you incorrect; are the bars in the same room or just the same building?

One bar inside the club, and a bar outside in the beer garden...I've never once seen a price list an a pub or club I've gone to...I can't believe it's actually the law and they get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Have to display a pricelist or else!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭BC

Its the law that they display a price list. Most places do but its well hidden, just ask for it if you can't see it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement