Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone else having NTL issues today?

• 15-07-2006 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭

anyone else having poor performance on NTL broadband today? I'm seeing ~ 30-40% packet loss - looks like the up stream is saturated or has errors as www.speedtest.ie is showing the downstream speed as being fine (and from previous experience it's usually the up stream that has issues).

I'm in Dublin 12 (near Walkinstown roundabout).

Oh and I've been onto NTL and the best they could do was get someone to ring me back after being on hold for 45mins. No answer to my email yet. :(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Ipso_facto

Hi donal.

I couldn't even do the "speedtest" - Got .. Error accessing myspeed.bin file on server.

If that's any use to you .. lol.

Finally managed to e-mail them, with a complaint etc.

Do we just have to accept - slow-slow access , every evening ?? It pretty bad most nights.

You have more insight and knowledge than me clearly.... PM me if you have time ok.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

I'm having major issues today. Terrible download speeds. And downloads just seem to stop downloading for no reason, then start again, corrupting the download...

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

d9 area
    Its been bad now ona dn off for about 4 weeks. Really inconsistent :/

Used to be the business

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

Getting around 50% loss, just started instantly during a game of DoD. Connection had been perfect, then all of a sudden went to crap at 22:00 on the dot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

All these reports of problems since the last upgrade are certainly making me think long and hard about moving from Smart.

I woud have thought that these issues would have been sorted by now, or is it a case of the UPC buyout taking effect?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I hadnt had a single problem with NTL at all up until yesterday, the upgrade had gone off without a hitch. I'd say its UPC Ireland taking over and fecking everything up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

yep, mine hasn't been working since friday. has anyone gotten on to them?

computer says i'm connected to the internet, but keep getting a dns error.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Am.......Alienhead, this thread is nearly a year old.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭alienhead

Am.......Alienhead, this thread is nearly a year old.

oops

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 stevef28

Hi

Im having the same issue has yours been resolved yet??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

Christ on a bike!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

stevef28 wrote: »
    Hi

Im having the same issue has yours been resolved yet??

After 3 years, I'd hope so...

People working from home/stuck indoors due to snow means higher usage
    and contention issues.

Advertisement