Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Advice on questions to ask prospective renters

Options
  • 15-07-2006 7:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

I'm about to advertise a 2 bed apartment for rent so I'm looking for tips on anything specific I SHOULD definitely ask prospective renters. Any advice from current landlords or renters would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

What do you do for a living, how long were you in your last place and why did you leave?

I'm renting roughly 16 years now, would consider stability as being primary, something every landlord i've ever had seems to appreciate too.
    Full time working people are better too - they have regular income and need a place to call their own after the daily grind is done.
    If its for long term then older tenent is better - been in it a long time (like me) , will pay rent on time and unlikely to have loud parties upsetting the other tenents in the building.
    Short term - I'd go for as old as possible or as highly paid job as possible - and in all cases make sure there is a "you break it you bought it" agreement

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Also, set clear guidelines for prospective tenants on your policy regarding drug use in the house, both verbally and in the lease.

It gives people the option of deciding early on whether your place is for them or not, helps them to come to a decision about you too!

Will you be sharing with them in the house? If so, you should be asking about their lilfestyle, are they going to be around all day, are they a party person, do they work shifts etc. Think about your likes and dislikes and try to find someone who will fit into that mix.

Advertisement