Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Problem with two phones and two sims...

• 15-07-2006 7:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭

I have a nokia 5140i ( the dust proof one ) and its been recently changed to 02. I then bought a second phone lately n70 on vodafone but its unlockable at the moment so my proper number is still in my old phone but i want it in my n70.

Theres no way to unlock my n70 from vodafone so does that mean ill have to change my other sim back to vodafone or can i bring the n70 into an 02 shop and will the be able to unlock it for me?

If they can which should i do switch all sims to 02 or all sims to vodafone? Im RTG btw.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

The only network that can unlock a phone is the one which sold it.

You might be able to convince Voda to unlock it if you tell them you're travelling abroad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

if you want to have the n70 and your o2 number than i'm afraid your choices are port back to vodafone or carry two phones

or if you find someone who's spent €127 on credit on vodafone you can get them to ring up, say its their phone and request the code

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭joe123

But you know how you can change networks but keep the same number, could i bring the n70 vodafone mobile into 02 and say i want to keep the same number but switch networks? Thats what I did with the nokia dust proof phone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

joe123 wrote:
    But you know how you can change networks but keep the same number, could i bring the n70 vodafone mobile into 02 and say i want to keep the same number but switch networks? Thats what I did with the nokia dust proof phone.
    no you can't. o2 can't unlock the n70. only vodafone can unlock it. as i said, if you want to have your o2 number in the n70, your choices are:

1. move your o2 number onto vodafone

2. get vodafone to unlock the n70

Advertisement