Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ian Holloway's reaction to Real Madrid friendly

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

ha ha brilliant. holloways a hero. but in fairness what a stupid question to ask. how does he feel? bit of an obvious answer

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

That was class. Fair play to him, but yeah what a fcukin stupid question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

There's nothing quite like a man who can laugh at his own jokes... and then discuss with the media how good his joke was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

he gives the best post match interviews

i liked the one where he compared a goal to pulling a not so beautiful girl on a night out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

Or when he said he couldn't be more chuffed if he was a badger in mating season. Please, some club, make him your manager so we can have more gems!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

here is the quote i mentioned
    “To put it in gentleman's terms, if you've been out for a night and you're looking for a young lady and you pull one, you've done what you set out to do. We didn't look our best today but we've pulled.

Some weeks the lady is good looking and some weeks they're not. Our performance today would have been not the best looking bird but at least we got her in the taxi.

She may not have been the best looking lady we ended up taking home but it was still very pleasant and very nice, so thanks very much and let's have coffee.”

some more here and here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Legend! :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

He's funny but not as funny as Gordon Strachan. Now thats a funny manager.

But Holloway will get there soon!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

What's wrong with the question? :) All the media are looking for is a few quotes to add to their articles and the ask pretty basic questions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

"I don't see the problem with footballers taking their shirts off after scoring a goal? They enjoy it and the young ladies enjoy it too. I suppose thats one of the main reasons women come to football games, to see the young men take their shirts off. Of course they'd have to go and watch another game because my lads are as ugly as sin."

• Advertisement
Advertisement