Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a pci graphics card...

Options
  • 15-07-2006 9:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads,

I need a PCI graphics card fairly urgently for an old computer - will be in town/wellpark tomorrow so if anyone has anything old to donate/sell, an 8mb card would be fine, could they please let me know? I have a few agp cards but can't find a pci card anywhere.....:(

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Probably got nothing but i'll have a look for ya tomorrow morning. I'll get your number off Flesh if I find anything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

thanks....chief :D

appreciate it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Oh... so i'm Flesh now is it?

Wait.. that's correct.. carry on!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭nobodythere

Couldn't find anything. Dunno what I did with that one you gave me ages ago:p

Yeah flesh that's you, and I know what your old sig was about!

Thanks anyway! I got a Voodoo 2 off muppetkiller, but crappily Win2k doesn't suuport the Voodoo 2 unless you are running a dual monitor setup which I amn't...:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

VooDoo2 is a 3D-only add-on card. There is a win2k driver for it, though hard to find at times.

Yeah I can't get it to work though even with the hacked NT drivers or the 3rd party 2k ones. The only way I've gotten it to work is using it as a secondary display adaptar, but Win2k won't let me install it at all as a primary one, no matter what I do, and there's practically no D3d or GL support which totally defeats the purpose (I want to play older games on the machine like HL and UT)...at the moment I'm using the onboard 810 4mb, which leaves me stuck in software mode in games (which puts even more strain on the already feeble 400mhz celeron processor...:(

So, anyone want to swap and old 8-16mb pci card for a 12mb Voodoo2 one? :D

PS - I also need a 400-700mhz Socket 370 processor, JUST in case someone has one. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Hey Havok I found the Driver Disk if ya want it ?
    It's scratched a good bit but might work...

Nah its ok, the card actually works fine i.e its detected no bother it just doesn't work properly in Win2K without a fierce amount of messing about regardless of the drivers!

It'll still make a great card though for playing games like Half Life/Unreal Tournament on a Win98/Win95 machine, so I may hang onto it for that very purpose, see if I can get a Win98 install disc somewhere...

Or you are welcome to it back if you need it of course for any reason, thanks for giving it to me though, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Nah it's cool the only reason I'd take it ack is to play AVP as it doesn't dsplay on Geforce 6800's and above ...which is a pain as it's a super game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

it's a super game

Hear Hear! :D

Nah it's cool the only reason I'd take it ack is to play AVP as it doesn't dsplay on Geforce 6800's and above ...which is a pain as it's a super game

AVP was such a classy game....I almost forgot about that when I was trying to think of games to play on an old computer, I think the first one runs on 233mhz or thereabouts. I think it had the best weapon ever in the Smart gun, coolest sound and lighting effects!

Scary, scary game...

Advertisement