Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lip ring help.

Options
  • 15-07-2006 10:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭

Ok, well, Had just under my lower lip pirced with a labret for a while and thought I would put a ring in instead, so I went over to the Nine Lives in Bray, and the woman there was really nice, and she even put it in for me, now unfortunitly I had to take it out before I went to church... ( my parents see it as don't like me having a visable one in church ) anyway, puting this thing back in is proving to be pretty hard, it's the ball and ring type, so the ball comes out and the ring goes through the lip and then each side goes into a little dent in the ball, and there in lies the problem, I can't get it in, so after two hours of trying and failing, I thought I would askyou guys, anyone got any tips, or a guide to how I should be doing it, I have a pliers as well, so thanks for any help you give me :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Go to a piercer. You should practise sometime, it gets easier, but get a piercer to do it this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭[QJ]Serideth

Go to a piercer. You should practise sometime, it gets easier, but get a piercer to do it this time.
    I did for the first time, ( she refused to let me have it unless she put it in to show me :p ) but I need ot learn my self so I'm trying to now.

Also, a bit OT, but she said that God had blessed me with a thick lower lip, both piercers I have been to have said that, why is it such a good thing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Possibly easier to get the length for the jewellery, not sure. My lower lip was akward for bar length, one size was too short, other was too long which looked stupid.

Wilburt wrote:
    Possibly easier to get the length for the jewellery, not sure. My lower lip was akward for bar length, one size was too short, other was too long which looked stupid.
    Ahhh, proberly, that makes sence, thanks.

Anyway, can anyone help with the original question?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Theyre extemely hard to put in, so practise is the only advice i can give you.
    You dont have to put the ball in either, so dont be worrying about. just go back to your piercer maybe

• Advertisement

Wilburt wrote:
    Theyre extemely hard to put in, so practise is the only advice i can give you.
    You dont have to put the ball in either, so dont be worrying about. just go back to your piercer maybe
    Yeah, she did it in less than 30 seconds, I still can't do it, I'm thinking of going back on monday if I can't get it sorted. I know I don't have to put the ball in, but it would look kinda stupid with a gap in it, unless I reversed it which I dont want to do incas it came out of the the piersing. :(

Finaly got it on, used the pliers to open the ring up a bit then put it through my lip and poitioned the ball inbetween the prongs and used the pliers tot ighten it :)

That's it in now ^_^
    newringje3.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

I had the exact same problem a while back. It gets easier, i've gone from 2 or 3 hours trying to get it in, to about 30 seconds.

Alter-Ego wrote:
    I had the exact same problem a while back. It gets easier, i've gone from 2 or 3 hours trying to get it in, to about 30 seconds.
    Yeah, it's a right bitch, but I think I have the hang of it now. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Just got mine pirced few hours ago, lip isnt somwhere id want to be taking the pircing in and out too much. Could change the ball on the front to a transparent one maybe, wont hide it but might help.

• Advertisement

carbonkid wrote:
    Just got mine pirced few hours ago, lip isnt somwhere id want to be taking the pircing in and out too much. Could change the ball on the front to a transparent one maybe, wont hide it but might help.
    Um, if you got it done a few hours ago you shouldn't be taking it out at all.
    And once it's fully hea;ed its fine to change it every few days.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,700 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

Also, a bit OT, but she said that God had blessed me with a thick lower lip, both piercers I have been to have said that, why is it such a good thing?
    Same was said to me, tis nice to have fuller lips is all
    for kissin and puttin lipstick on and such :)

Just watch out when buyin new jewerlry, you'll need to make sure the bar is long enough, i have the first bar still in coz any other ones i found were too short and i just change teh ball when teh mood takes me

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Um, if you got it done a few hours ago you shouldn't be taking it out at all.
    And once it's fully hea;ed its fine to change it every few days.

Lol - no man i was advising you that you could change the ball infront to a transparnt of skin coloured one when you go to church. No way id take mine out now, be way too sore and would get infected :p

Advertisement