Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What Car Do Muppets Drive?

Options
  • 15-07-2006 10:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭

Anyone any idea what car Muppets drive? (If you don't know any Muppets, well take a guess!):D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

cc06601.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Excellente- now can you confirm the make and model, looks like an Alfa from the eh 1970's?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Give it a rest eh?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Clearly a BMW 328 ...just look at the grille

http://www.chinaclassiccar.org/BMW%20328.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Hey! leave BMWs out of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I see muppets as the way they drive and behave behind the wheel rather than what type or make of car they drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

I was refering to the Kermit-mobile :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,408 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

peasant wrote:
    Clearly a BMW 328 ...just look at the grille

http://www.chinaclassiccar.org/BMW%20328.jpg

LOL, good find! I doubt anyone can find a better match to that Muppet Show car

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Toyota Glanzas.

Not all muppets drive Glanzas but all Glanzas are driven by muppets IMHO.

And Honda Civics and Seat Ibizas and VW Polos and basically anything you can get a spoiler kit for.:)

• Advertisement

cc06601.jpg

Definitely an Alfa, no wondering Kermit's smiling, someone's removed the engine!!

All he has to worry about now is depreciation and build quality.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

NOT AN ALFA....!!!!!!!!!!!

Get back into your Toyota Starlet and keep driving at 30mph

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

Toyota Glanzas.

Not all muppets drive Glanzas but all Glanzas are driven by muppets IMHO.

2nd that. Couldn't agree more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

1. Civics
    2. Stalets GT Glanza Turbo thing (or whatever the damn things are called)
    3. BMW 3-Series
    4. Colts
    5. Micras (I drive one!:D )

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Audi TT 180

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

the muppet makes the car not the car makes the muppet!

So i rest my case

*goes out and buys case*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

junkyard wrote:
    ... basically anything you can get a spoiler kit for.:)

That would be all cars then. We are all driving Muppet Mobiles!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Day-wanna-wonga

Yaris' are all driven by slow people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

honda civics...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

BMW 316i - (not a muppet in the traditional sense, but a right muppet for buying a badge and not a real BMW 323+, 760, etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

Anyone any idea what car Muppets drive? (If you don't know any Muppets, well take a guess!):D

What do YOU drive ?

Scooby Doo 2.0XT and it's terrific!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I'll say BMW's ...

It's awful hard to pick one car as its the driver who's a tosser, can't blame the car.

I know a lot of lads driving Starlet turbo's and Glanza V's (They're different cars) and they will be the first to admit the cars have an awful reputation due to wanker owners, but not to paint them allwith the same brush ... Must be embarrassing for the Big Exec's to be beaten down the strip in a 1.3 nun mobile ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

Any one who takes an old banger worth 500e, sticks on alloys worth twice that, stuck on tinted windows, fake twin exhaust, noise making thingy and flies around like they own the roads is a muppet.**

This is not a jibe at car modders, just the stick on cheap fake pretending brigade!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

I was about to point to the usual suspects - be-spoilered Saxos, Micras etc.

However... I've seen people recently around D4 in BMW M6s, Bentleys and Astons. And I just think...Muppets...

It's not jealousy - I can respect a Chrysler Hemi or Merc CLS or maybe even a Maserati - but Bentleys are just becoming so common, a mere badge of affluence. I loved the old Astons from the '80's but the new ones are too heavily marketed, too much part of the whole Bond merchandising thing...

And the M6 - it's ugly & vulger.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

Paddy@CIRL wrote:
    I'll say BMW's ...

It's awful hard to pick one car as its the driver who's a tosser, can't blame the car.

I know a lot of lads driving Starlet turbo's and Glanza V's (They're different cars) and they will be the first to admit the cars have an awful reputation due to wanker owners, but not to paint them allwith the same brush ... Must be embarrassing for the Big Exec's to be beaten down the strip in a 1.3 nun mobile ...

You say in your post that drivers of a particular car shouldn't be tarred with the same brush, yet in the same post you do exactly that.

Don't be such a tosser.

pburns wrote:
    I was about to point to the usual suspects - be-spoilered Saxos, Micras etc.

However... I've seen people recently around D4 in BMW M6s, Bentleys and Astons. And I just think...Muppets...

It's not jealousy - I can respect a Chrysler Hemi or Merc CLS or maybe even a Maserati - but Bentleys are just becoming so common, a mere badge of affluence. I loved the old Astons from the '80's but the new ones are too heavily marketed, too much part of the whole Bond merchandising thing...

And the M6 - it's ugly & vulger.

Yup Jealousy!;)

what are they supposed to do? All by one offs so they can prevent from being "so common".

Fey! wrote:
    You say in your post that drivers of a particular car shouldn't be tarred with the same brush, yet in the same post you do exactly that.

Don't be such a tosser.

well spotted and true true....

Im on my 2nd 3 coupe and it is the 7th car I have owned and say 14/15th I have driven regulary ( friends, folks cars etc )
    It is by far the most fun of any and IS an actual and enjoyable driving experience.
    They do more than get you there. I go for drives justt for the sake of it and take the long way home just to have more open roads!
    The fact that that other owners may give you jealousy and begrudgery veiled as the above is actually fun!:D
    Its not me thats losing out thats for sure. Give me my BM any day over a "non tossers car"

Hey how about a "non tossers car thread" to see what is acceptable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Day-wanna-wonga

Im on my 2nd 3 coupe

Your car doesn't have a brand name?

Advertisement