Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

What Car Do Muppets Drive?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

I dont get you??:confused:
    I could say Focus or Avensis and there would be no confusion. I meant 3 series coupe, am I missing some sarcasm or do you just not know what a 3 coupe was.
    PS FYI there is no sracasm in my post...just confused;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭ibanezjem

Paddy@CIRL wrote:
    I'll say BMW's ...

It's awful hard to pick one car as its the driver who's a tosser, can't blame the car.

I know a lot of lads driving Starlet turbo's and Glanza V's (They're different cars) and they will be the first to admit the cars have an awful reputation due to wanker owners, but not to paint them allwith the same brush ... Must be embarrassing for the Big Exec's to be beaten down the strip in a 1.3 nun mobile ...

Who says we were racing the nun mobile to begin with? Rather the spotty fook with the can o'beans exhaust and flames on the side of the Glanza get minced into a pole instead of me. Hopefully they'll all take each other out and we'll be rid of all the "Story buds!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Would someone please define 'Muppet' so that I have objective criteria of reference against which to select the unfortunate veh-ickle?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

ambro25 wrote:
    Would someone please define 'Muppet'

Answer:
    Sonnenblumen

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

ambro25 wrote:
    Would someone please define 'Muppet' so that I have objective criteria of reference against which to select the unfortunate veh-ickle?

I suppose everyone's going to have slightly different ideas on this one. Personally, I think pleasant, harmless & completely uncool. This is why I picked the Audi TT 180, the successful IT nerd's wheels of choice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

prospect wrote:
    Answer:
    Sonnenblumen

Ouch.

Ah, but... as a useful frame of reference for this exercise, we don't know what Sonnenblumen drives, though, do we?
    Anan1 wrote:
    I suppose everyone's going to have slightly different ideas on this one. Personally, I think pleasant, harmless & completely uncool.

God, the choice... :eek:

Mondeo, Vectra, Focus, Micra, Fiesta, Avensis, 3-series, 5-series, C180, C-200, etc, etc... :D

ambro25 wrote:
    God, the choice... :eek:

Mondeo, Vectra, Focus, Micra, Fiesta, Avensis, 3-series, 5-series, C180, C-200, etc, etc... :D

Not the car, the driver! Muppets drive TTs for exactly the same reasons that little men drive big Jeeps.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭matt cork

Anan1 wrote:
    Not the car, the driver! Muppets drive TTs for exactly the same reasons that little men drive big Jeeps.;)

your wrong, hairdressers or estate agents drive TT's. 'muppets' using their generic term can be found in any marque or model

i have a friend in the uk who drive's an m3 and he is a 'muppet' but i also drive one and i am not

matt cork wrote:
    your wrong, hairdressers or estate agents drive TT's. 'muppets' using their generic term can be found in any marque or model

Hairdressers can't afford TTs yet. This leaves estate agents & IT workers, as far as I can see.

matt cork wrote:
    i have a friend in the uk who drive's an m3 and he is a 'muppet' but i also drive one and i am not

I think you're taking this whole thing a bit too seriously, don't you?;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

matt cork wrote:
    hairdressers or estate agents drive TT's.

hilarious absolutely hilarious.....

and the reason its so funny is because it so true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Anan1 wrote:
    Hairdressers can't afford TTs yet.

I know a hairdresser who drives a TT

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

junkyard wrote:
    And Honda Civics and Seat Ibizas and VW Polos and basically anything you can get a spoiler kit for.:)
    Eh, can you please tell me what cars you cannot get bodykits for? They are availible for pretty much everything bar the completely obscure.

And before everyone goes slagging off everyones else cars (too late) please post what car you drive.

I drive this 2002 Honda Civic Type R - why does this make me a muppett? its a fantastic car and I worked very hard to afford it. Gold chain, tracksuit wearing peaked caps in 89 civics are definietly muttpets, but please don't put me in the same catagory as them...
    It seems to happen on a weekly basis on this board.

Vegeta wrote:

Either they're a very expensive hairdresser or they do extras.;)

Zascar wrote:
    Eh, can you please tell me what cars you cannot get bodykits for? They are availible for pretty much everything bar the completely obscure.

And before everyone goes slagging off everyones else cars (too late) please post what car you drive.

I drive this 2002 Honda Civic Type R - why does this make me a muppett? its a fantastic car and I worked very hard to afford it. Gold chain, tracksuit wearing peaked caps in 89 civics are definietly muttpets, but please don't put me in the same catagory as them...
    It seems to happen on a weekly basis on this board.

agreed i'd kill to have Zascar's car, i'd take that over a low end BM, Audi or VW anyday of the week

Vegeta wrote:
    agreed i'd kill to have Zascar's car, i'd take that over a low end BM, Audi or VW anyday of the week

Me too, fine motor, although I never grew to like the look of it, the grunt certainly would help me get over that.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Ah thanks Lads!!! Its an absolute monster, I love it. Its a very smooth comfortable car to drive day to day, but hit 5,800rpm and the thingg goes beserk! I;ve had 4 civic now they are fantastic cars, but I just hate the way they haev such a bad rep in this country... I hate being branded as a civic driving nacker, cause I'm, loike, soooo noch...

unfortunately (for my driving pleasure) i buy my cars for safety, practicality and importantly fuel economy so i think i may be getting a disease-el next.

oh to have a nicer car. I could do with air conditioning in this weather aswell

I love Honda, their cars, their engines and their advertising. I'd have a civic before a focus, golf or astra. Its strange cos they have a rep of being an old persons car whenever they are mentioned on top gear.

prospect wrote:
    Me too, fine motor, although I never grew to like the look of it, the grunt certainly would help me get over that.

I must say, I kind of like the whole 200bhp in what looks like a shopping-trolley thing. Change the colour, drop the badges and you'd have a bit of a Q car there.

Vegeta wrote:
    unfortunately (for my driving pleasure) i buy my cars for safety, practicality and importantly fuel economy so i think i may be getting a disease-el next.

I have a "disease-el" Alfa 147, 150bhp, it has a serious effect on driving pleasure allright :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Vegeta wrote:

my wife gets her hair done in a shop in cork and i swear they must get a discount from Audi for bulk buying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Here's a TT that might just be within reach of a hairdresser :rolleyes:

I think some of you need to take a good look at exactly how much a standard cut and go in a barbers is these days.

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carID=451714

• Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭matt cork

""Hairdressers can't afford TTs yet. This leaves estate agents & IT workers, as far as I can see""

no, no my missus was in peter mark the other and €150!!! sh**e i thought you could buy a car (albeit a sh**e one) for that money, perhaps not your local barber but the ladies there probably could. go lovely with their andy williams perma-tan

""I think you're taking this whole thing a bit too seriously, don't you?;)""

who me???? no sir-eeeeee! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

Paddy@CIRL wrote:
    I'll say BMW's ...

Id be interested in finding out how you came up with that conclusion!!

Their is muppets driving cars from ALL of the manufacturers and anyone who suggests the problem lies with just one brand is only stirring sh*t in my opinion!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Would have to agree with the all Glanza drivers are muppets statement alright.

Audi TT. Strange car, can't figure out who it would appeal to? Reached the conclusion it's for only for a woman trapped in a man's body or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,653 ✭✭✭m_stan

bucks wrote:
    ... and anyone who suggests the problem lies with just one brand is only stirring sh*t in my opinion!!

Really ? Never ! A sh*t stirring, attention grabbing thread ? On boards.ie ? You must be joking. NEVER ! :p

Galanzas are a particular pet hate of mine. I get them trying to race me all the time. And Statlet Turbo's too. The thing is I do know a few people that have these cars, and they are very good drivers, not scumbags, don't fcuk about and have spent a lot of money modifying their pocket tockets to well over 200bhp. personally not my choice but you've got to have respect for a 1.3 litre engine with close to 300BHP!

A large portion of people who drive these cars however are scummy little nackers that like to go into halfords and buy anything shiney they can find to strap to their cars, and as many subs as possible to make sur everyone else hears "Scooter - Endless Summer" blaring out the windows...

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭bucks

m_stan wrote:
    Really ? Never ! A sh*t stirring, attention grabbing thread ? On boards.ie ? You must be joking. NEVER ! :p

True, i should learn to accept it rather than challenge at this stage.. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Great interest in MUPPETS, be it cars and/or drivers. Absolutely hilarious and so much truth and venom. Just like the M50 day/night. I've already stated not once but twice what car I drive. Proof that some posters cannot read before downloading thier tuppence worth. Sonnenblumen drives a Scooby Doo (Subarau Forester Turbo ).

Discreet almost understated but definitely not lacking any pedigree where it matters and when it matters on road or indeed off road.

Skooby Doo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

this entire thread is pointless, muppets dont drive cars, they are muppets which is not covered on a licence application, but they do have bicycles... no rules there whatsoever :D

04kermitpedalpower.jpg

Advertisement