Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

084 ?????

• 15-07-2006 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭

Was looking at a website in UK and it gives costs of calling a 084 mobile called Imagine????? Is this related to imagine broadband????

Dialling
    Prefix Destination Inclusive Packages Rate

35384 Ireland Imagine Mbl None 15.00 (pence / min)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

was that not smart telecom? though since you say imagine its probably their voip service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭kirving

Well Three are 083... and eircom have Meteor (085..)

Guys from Imagine came into my school around Christmas(I think) and gave us (4th year) surveys on what we would like from out mobile providers, they did a lot of marketing stuff, like what we would prefer, free credit or free mobile content when we topped up.. (and also asked what network we were on(some talk of buying us credit if we partcipated, and we might trial a new network, but that never happened)
    I got the impression that they were serious about that venture but I've heard nothing since...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It's probably been provisionally assigned by ComReg to Imagine - 089 I think was assigned to Clever Communications, who were supposed to be offering a MNVO service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

Hmm sounds interesting the market seems to be opening up alot more, I dont think it would list it on a website with call charges if it wasnt nearly launched or already up and running. In the UK Tescos have started broadband phones with a number that people can call you anywhere in the world www.tescointernetphone.com

Its a good service with no line rental but you still get a landline number free of charge, you only pay 2p a minute for calls and its free to receive, I could sign up now even though im in Ireland but I would get a Belfast number!!! I hope it comes here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 839 ✭✭✭zap

Dellas wrote:
    Hmm sounds interesting the market seems to be opening up alot more, I dont think it would list it on a website with call charges if it wasnt nearly launched or already up and running. In the UK Tescos have started broadband phones with a number that people can call you anywhere in the world www.tescointernetphone.com

Its a good service with no line rental but you still get a landline number free of charge, you only pay 2p a minute for calls and its free to receive, I could sign up now even though im in Ireland but I would get a Belfast number!!! I hope it comes here.

It's just VOIP load sof companies offer it and you prob can get a Belfast num from one of them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

I know I can get a Belfast one but I wanted a Irish one, anyway I found a company here that does the same thing www.blueface.ie they seem very good .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

From a Comreg doc out just today (06/31), 084 is an MVNO prefix.

Advertisement