Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mercedes S-Class Vs. Lexus LS430

Options
  • 16-07-2006 1:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

I can now say that haven driven both cars now 99 S500 and 04 LS430 that the lexus is a far better car on handling comfort and build quality the merc is now feeling like a top of the range audi and not felling ''Merc'' also my dads S500 has had alot of problems in the last 3 months

1.heater broke
    2.cat in one of the exhausts went
    3.pulley went last week

all on a car that is 7 yo with average mileage 68k mls

on the lexus you fell that you've bought a proper barge electic everything and the build quality is the best i've ever seen.

and the merc has these horrible unsupprotive seats ive ever been in i prefer the seat in my mams 1998 seat arosa to the merc, and every thing feels like it was slapped together asap and marked up into the 000,000.

the last great merc imho was the 1980's S-Class that was when you felt like you got somthing special, even nowadays they still turn my head, cant say the same for the last gen S-Class.:(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Just went up to Navan and back today in my Father in Laws 06 S320.

He has always had S mercs as long as Iv known him.The new S class is some bit of kit....absolute stonker a huge improvment on the last gen of S class.

I really cant imagine anything bettering the current S class merc.Lexus is a great car but still lags in the prestige corner for the sort of people who can afford a car with a six digit price tag.

The best thing about the new gen of S class has to be the gear box and engine.....totally took my breath away the torque the car turns out....and the five million gadgets you get aswell are pretty cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

well i'm more talking about the last gen s-class 1999-2005 dont realy have any experences about the new s- class

• Registered Users Posts: 51,243 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

There is a new Lexus LS from Jan 2007:

lexus_ls460_11_01_06.jpg

It has an all new 4.6 litre V8 with an 8 speed auto box delivering about 350bhp. It will also be available in LWB for the first time. A hybrid version is also due.

bazz thats a good looking car...but doesnt it look kimda like the new S clas??

• Advertisement

S Class:
    Mercedes-Benz-S-Class-W221-32.jpg

LS460:
    lexus_ls460_11_01_06.jpg

I don't think so imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Bring back boxy shapes!

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Tbh I think the new S-Class looks like a big Kia or Hyundai. The only thing the Merc has going for it is its status which, I have to say, is fading fast. Personally I wouldn't buy a Mercedes, with the exception of an SL, I just don't trust Mercedes anymore. The only problem with Lexus is they have no status, they seem to design them as if they were designing a fridge freezer or a washing machine. Very efficient but no soul.

mike65 wrote:
    Bring back boxy shapes!

Mike.

glasnevinautosS-CSIL698.jpg

They don't make them like this anymore.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Y'see that says Third World Dictator far more convincingly. :D

Mike.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

A couple of flags, some armour plating and your away for slates.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

That LS460 just remindes me of the new IS200.
    Tbh I think the new S-Class looks like a big Kia or Hyundai

too true it just looks like any other large saloon,

bazz26 they really dont, the old W126 still is a fine looking car (on my wish list):D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

the 1992 -1998 s class is a legand ,a fabulous car with huge presense inside and out. i sat into the 1999-2005 model a while ago and wasnt especially impressed. the 2006 on one is a technological tour de force amazing technology and lovely looking also (looks different which is good)
    the eighties version-1992 is a terrible car to sit in with wonky suspension and slippy leather seats. nice looker though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

Volvoboy wrote:

1.heater broke
    2.cat in one of the exhausts went
    3.pulley went last week

(

maybe its clocked? other than that could be bad luck. cats have a habit of melting on big engined cars around 100000 miles with large bills. he did get a great price on it in fairness so a few quid spent shouldnt trouble the ownership experiance too much. i wouldnt be rushing out to buy a lexus if i had a 500;)

Advertisement