Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

64bit Battlefield 1942

• 16-07-2006 2:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭

Yo,
    At the moment, I'm trying to get Battlefield 1942 run on my 64bit rig, and I'm wondering, aside from a duel boot, has anyone found out a way to run BF42 on a 64bit machine, using Windows XP 64bit, without too much machine lag?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,912 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ponster

Errr, why would there be machine lag?

I've been running it on 64bit for about 6 months now (AMD64 witn XP64).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ponster wrote:
    Errr, why would there be machine lag?

I've been running it on 64bit for about 6 months now (AMD64 witn XP64).

I'm the same, Athlon 64 X2 4400+ and XP64, and it's lagfree. Try setting the processor affinity to only use one core, or try the AMD driver from a few weeks back that changes the system timer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I've no idea why it lags. I've put AMD's patch from June '06 on it, which has improved it slightly, but I've now noticed errors when I play, which I think may be the reason for the lag: http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y111/the_syco/bf42_errors.jpg

It only happens with BF42 (not Nam), which is odd.

=-=

Spear, I'll look into "setting the processor affinity to only use one core", and see if it helps.

Here's something I found.

In:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > EA GAMES > Battlefield 1942 > UNINSTALL

The data was:
    RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{698D7E61-E4BF-4CA6-8A09-CF6BDBFDEF65}\Setup.exe" -l0x9

Now, I've an AMD processor, but the engine is Intel, so my hunch is that this may be something to do with my slowdowns. Any thoughts?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,592 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

the_syco wrote:
    Here's something I found.

In:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > EA GAMES > Battlefield 1942 > UNINSTALL

The data was:
    RunDll32 C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\INSTAL~1\engine\6\INTEL3~1\Ctor.dll,LaunchSetup "C:\Program Files (x86)\InstallShield Installation Information\{698D7E61-E4BF-4CA6-8A09-CF6BDBFDEF65}\Setup.exe" -l0x9

Now, I've an AMD processor, but the engine is Intel, so my hunch is that this may be something to do with my slowdowns. Any thoughts?

That's just the installshield program used to install, and doesn't contribute to running any apps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Tru turning sound quality to low and ummmm 8 or 15 khz in the advanced screen.

kdjac

KdjaC wrote:
    Tru turning sound quality to low and ummmm 8 or 15 khz in the advanced screen.

kdjac
    :D**BIG HUGZ** Cheers man, worked a treat, after i turned all sound to ultra low :) Now I can play Wake Island again, the way its meant to be played :cool:

/me installs DC

Advertisement