Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ready to use Mortar

Options
  • 16-07-2006 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Has anyone used one of the various "ready made" mortar products available? This would be the mortar you buy pre-mixed which lasts around 3 days before going off.

I'm building a shed as a side project so will only be doing work on the weekends. I was hoping I could pick up DIY quantities that would last a weekend.

Can anyone comment on the relative cost of this vs mixing by hand? Also, any guidance on the quantity I'd need to lay around 90 standard concrete blocks?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,130 ✭✭✭✭muffler

This is not exactly what you are looking for but you may get a link in it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭Jnealon

Ready mix do it, comes in a normal cement truck and they pour it in to a big plastic bag. It will last 72 hours. I not too sure about the price. I used a few bags when I was doing my workshop

Advertisement