Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear Returns

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It summed up all that I have always thought about caravans and the type who think they serve a leisure purpose. They are fit for burning down and thats it. Anyone spot the way James May dropped in a couple of Nazi bon-mots?

Mike.

• Subscribers Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

what i great show really was one of the best ones ever pure classic keep it up lads

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

that particular episode was rather muck

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

junkyard wrote:
    Its not just Top Gear though, loads of other programmes have been canceled over sports of one type or another. My point is that its a bit unfair to upset regular viewers favorite programmes because of sport. If people want sport so much let them pay for it i.e. Sky sports etc., the same should apply for news papers too, there should be a separate supplement at an extra cost for sports, if they want it let them pay for it.

Yeah, they should reschedule hugely popular sports events so that they can show Top Gear instead, even though there's not nearly enough Top Gear shows made to fill 52 weekly slots in a year.

Yeah, they should actually charge people for a separate supplement for say... political news... 'cause I don't like politics.

Tongue firmly in cheek in case you hadn't guessed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Diamondmaker

PauloMN wrote:
    Yeah, they should reschedule hugely popular sports events so that they can show Top Gear instead, even though there's not nearly enough Top Gear shows made to fill 52 weekly slots in a year.

Yeah, they should actually charge people for a separate supplement for say... political news... 'cause I don't like politics.

Yeah and the motoring section should be via special order or from the very top shelf behind brown paper.

I know its way off the topic but what are you on about Junkyard? Thats mad what you are saying, absolutely!

On the topic however I thought the TG was hilarious too. It is TV entaertainement after all. A show purely on the techical stats of a Hyundai sonata and the fuel efficiencies of a Prius would not get any ratings. The only way for shows like this to get TV time is to draw on more than a petrol head audience, this TG does well. My GF and many other girls I kow can enjoy the show.
    I personally would have no interest in watching the show if it was all Mondeos and astras, Fuel economy and handling!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

PauloMN wrote:

I'm not a sports fanatic as you can probably guess and the same goes for politics and I'm not alone. I just don't see why people who like sports think the world revolves around sports.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

with stuff in it like the times car supllement.

Who would watch it? The vast majority of cars are very, very boring. Who wants to see a test drive of a Kia Rio? Or even a BMW 3-series? If I want to know what that handles like, I'll go down the dealer and test drive it myself. I don't think they'd give me the keys to a CCX.

Advertisement