Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Help - No Hot Water

Options
  • 16-07-2006 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Help. In my wisdom I decided to water the garden yesterday while my wife was using the shower which caused the shower to go hot and cold. I think the washing machine may also have been on.

As a result of this there is now no hot water from the shower. Its a mains fed electric shower (Gainsborough 10.5 SCL) that is less than 2 years old. There doesn't appear to be any pressure issues with the water as its flowing through the shower without any issues - its just freezing.

Any help is appreciated......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

My 10yr old Trition T80i did the same thing a few weeks back.. The heater element was gone. I thought I'd be able to get one but parts for T80i are no longer available. I replaced the whole unit with a new Triton T80xr.

Yours being 2yr old though might be something else, but by thge time you get someone in, replace the parts etc., you might be just better off biting the bullet and getting a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Another thread like this yesterday might help.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054961279

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Guisseppeth

Tried all the things mentioned in the previous posts but still to no avail. An electrician/plumber friend said that this is quite common due to the heavy demands being placed on the mains with people watering gardens etc and that it should basicallly "fix itself" when the correct water pressure returns. So unless anyone else has any suggestions - Heres hoping......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

You could install, or have installed by a professional, a "jockey*" pump to increase the water pressure to the unit to accetable levels.

* only kicks in "on demand" ie when flow is switched on.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

Is there a low pressure indicator on the front of the shower?

If so, if its on, this normally switches off the element...does on mine anyway.

I use the shower from the bath fed from the immersion tank when this happens.....

• Advertisement
Advertisement