Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mark Henry injured at SNME

• 16-07-2006 2:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭

It would seem Henry's match with Batista is now off the agenda after he suffered a serious injury at Saturday Night's Main Event.

WWE.com states that:
    He is currently diagnosed with a fractured patella and a possible patella tendon rupture.

If the diagnosis holds up, Henry is due to have surgery later this week with Dr. James Andrews.

Regarding Batista, they state:
    Tune in to Friday Night SmackDown to find out what will happen with Henry's scheduled match against Batista at The Great American Bash.

This is a big blow for the WWE as they were pinning a lot on the Batista/Henry match. As well as that, Henry recently signed a brand new contract and I doubt that would have happened had this injury occurred prior to that.

What do you think will happen regarding Batista?

I personally think they might make the main event a triple threat match with Rey vs Booker vs Batista as it was King Booker that was pinned by Batista at the Great American Bash and of course Batista and Booker have had backstage problems (allegedly anyway).

Interesting to see what happens.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Personally this is a great thing - despite his recent outing Mark Henry has been one of WWE's biggest failure - from Sexual Chocolate, to getting jiggy with Mae Young and a transexual.

I am hoping that Batista gets put into a 3 way dance with Booker and Rey, accidently screws Rey out the title, him and Rey feud and then we get Booker and Batista

Oh and Henry gets let go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

To be fair to Mark Henry he has been given some crappy gimmicks to play in his time and thats really not his fault.

I think this is probably the first time in 8 years or so thats he's been with the WWE that they have used him properly. His presence, look and even his promos especially recently have been really good.

In saying all that, bell to bell he's horrible.

I think the obvious thing to do would be to put Batista in the main event, have Rey retain and set up a Big Dave v Rey match at Summerslam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I don't like Mark Henry's promos at all. They're exactly like his matches, he takes forever to do or say anything

I'd imagine that if they put Batista in the main event, then they'll have Booker win the title

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

it's an interesting thought though, i imagine his promos taking forever is another device to piss off the viewer and garner heat,in his old promos when he was sexual chopcolate he never had problems speaking normally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

i'm currently very pissed off by this. 6 months of waiting for this match, a great promo done by batista, that made me feel his angry and pain and then the big blubber goes off and gets himself injured :mad: :mad: :mad: not for the first time in mark henry's career has he got himself injured. damn it and i was looking forward to batista vs mark henry match, it was one of the reasons why i was going stay up even if i do have work at 7 o clock

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 45 3.16

ya booker will win and then they will hav a cabnet type ting with regal nd finley as united states , like JBL,Olando Jordon nd bashams..... do ya tink finley will try 2 change the belt to irish belt to put heat on him??

3.16 wrote:
    ya booker will win and then they will hav a cabnet type ting with regal nd finley as united states , like JBL,Olando Jordon nd bashams..... do ya tink finley will try 2 change the belt to irish belt to put heat on him??

I think you better learn to type properly - its painful trying to decypher what you are trying to say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 3.16

Ph3n0m wrote:
    I think you better learn to type properly - its painful trying to decypher what you are trying to say.

how about fuk off u stipid computer geek , what u gonna do tell daddy on me , u freak

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Haha, I doubt that, it'd be easier for him to ban you!

I don't know what you were tryin to say..Regal and Finlay as the United States?

everyone - say bye bye to 3:16 - banned for life

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭the sunbabe wan

bye bye 3:16
    WWE GREAT AMERICAN BASH PRESS CONFERENCE RECAP; KING BOOKER STEALS THE SHOW
    by Buck Woodward @ 12:57:00 PM on 7/17/2006

WWE held their Great American Bash press conference this afternoon in Indianapolis, Indiana, which was broadcasted on WWE.com. In attendance at the event were Josh Mathews (host), Batista, Great Khali, Daivari, Bobby Lashley, King Booker, Sharmell and Rey Mysterio.

Mathews opened the press conference and talked about Mark Henry, mentioning that he had been injured and that WWE.com would have updates on his condition. He then brought out Batista, who said he has no opponent for the show now. He stated that he has "a lot of anger built up" and that he was going to offer an open challenge to "any sucker" who wants to accept it. Batista joked that Henry's knee hurts because he is afraid of what Batista would have done to him on Sunday, and that Henry didn't want another beating with a chair like he received two weeks ago. Mathews teased that we'd have to wait for Smackdown this week to see who accepts the challenge. It wasn't clarified whether the winner of Batista's match on Sunday will get a title shot at Summerslam (which was the plan for Batista-Henry).

After that, it was pretty much the typical pre-PPV press conference, with each wrestler coming out and cutting a brief promo about their match on Sunday. Booker did his full entrance, with Josh being forced by Sharmell to deliver the "All Hail King Booker" line. When Mysterio, who was last, came out, Booker and Rey did a little back and forth on the mic, with Booker calling Rey a "peasant". Rey said he would not bow down to Booker, but Booker would "kneel down" to the 619. A fan yelled something at Booker, and Booker said he needed Pro-Active for all the zits on his face, which got cheers from the fans.

In a new twist, they took a few questions from the fans. The first, a female, asked Bobby Lashley how he will deal with wrestling two "punk ass cheaters", and then asked for a hug. Booker interrupted, saying Lashley better "be ready", and Lashley asked Booker when the last time he won a match was. Booker was hilarious, saying we didn't have time for hugs as Lashley went and embraced the fan.

The next fan asked Booker where he was going to celebrate after he beats Rey Mysterio. Booker said he would have the biggest party in Indianapolis, and was just hilarious on the mic, talking about how he would invite all of his "loyal subjects" but never actually revealing the location.

The final question was directed at Khali and Daivari, and was "What is a Punjabi Prison match?" Before Daivari could answer, Booker said "That's where the Great Khali takes you and makes you cry like a little boy". Daivari said he couldn't have said it any better, and Khali shook Booker's hand.

They ended the press conference, with Booker and Sharmell waving and thanking their "loyal subjects".

I have to be honest, these press conferences are usually dreadfully boring, but Booker T was on fire and made the half-hour go by a lot faster. Daivari and Sharmell were visibly cracking up at Booker's comments, and even Khali and Batista could be seen smiling at his antics

pwinsider.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Ph3n0m wrote:
    everyone - say bye bye to 3:16 - banned for life

then why risk it :)

Advertisement