Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cearwire - Ballsbridge/Sandymount - No coverage?

• 16-07-2006 2:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭

I'm just wondering where the Clearwire base station sites are for the south inner dublin area i.e. Dublin 4/6.

I'm in Ballsbridge and seem to be coming up as out of coverage on their ordering system.

I've had a total nightmare with DSL

1) Ordered Smart telecom broadband - took months, no sign of anything... Eventually gave up.
    2) Got UTV Broadband all was going fine, then the service dropped competely due to an exchange fault. 2 months later.. it's still unresolved!! Endless e-mails from UTV to eircom to resolve the problem seem to get no where. They keep telling me it's fixed, then i try to connect and all I get is a DSL light but no internet access as the router's unable to connect to their PPPoE server. :( Tried another router, same problem. It's nuts!

Anyway, I gave up completely, had a huge row with UTV and in a fit of frustrated rage cancelled my phoneline completely. Although, they don't seem to be able to process that request either.

I'm now trying to find alternatives.

NTL broadband's unavailable in our building at the moment until they do some upgrade to the local network it's digital cable one-way only.

Clearwire's coming up out of coverage which seems odd given that we're so close to town.

and I really am not sure that I want to resort to IBB. They sound aweful.

It's utterly ridiculous not to be able to get reliable net access in Dublin 4 we're a stones throw from the exchange and a short walk from eircom's HQ!!!

Not a huge deal anyway, I'm moving abroad fairly soon and it seems that any other country, even developing ones, have better broadband access than this place!

Any advice?

Advertisement