Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

US: What's in store for Series 3? [** SPOILERS **]

• 16-07-2006 3:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,054 ✭✭✭✭

Reading the Irish Times Magazine today.. it had a 4 page spread about 'Lost' with information about the revolutionary way in which the show is being broadcast and played out - regarding Gary Troup (author of 'Bad Twin') and Hugh MacIntyre and the Hanso Foundation being interviewed on US television. It also had brief interviews with Evangeline Lilly (Kate), Jorge Garcia (Hurley), Daniel Dae-Kim (Jin), Dominic Monaghan (Charlie) and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Mr Eko).

But also had a little snippet of what the creators have it store for series 3 which some i'm skeptical about (see number 3) but others i can't wait for:

** BEWARE: SPOILERS BELOW HINT AT FUTURE PLOTLINES **

A full and frank explanation of who The Others are
    Des from the hatch returning as a full-time cast member
    That two survivors realise they are brother and sister
    :rolleyes:
    To explain what the Dharma Initiative did on the island
    The reason the survivors haven't been rescued

I'd imagine most of these will be answered in the series-final of the upcoming season but i'd imagine both Damon and Carlton will at least answer them as i do remember them promising at the end of the 1st season that they'd explain how the plane crashed before the end of the 2nd season... and they did keep their promise there.

Anyways... discussion / comments on the above!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

In regards to spoiler no. 3,
    maybe it's Jack and Claire. Wasn't there a lot of speculation about Christian Shepherd being Claire's dad?

Spoiler #2 makes me happy! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Cool.
    So Jack definitely has a long-Lost sibling, but is it Claire? We know it's probably an Aussie but didn't the producers say they were introducing new survivors this year? Might be one of them.

Delighted that Dessie is coming back, he's one of the best characters on the show. And as for why they haven't been rescued, I think the island is cloaked somehow, except now Penny Widmore has found it. Maybe Season 3 will end with her and her homies arriving on the island.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I was thinking that too Faith but it seems a little obvious imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

i was surprised to see number 3 in their as it seems to be a confirmation of our everyone's guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

basquille wrote:
    I'd imagine most of these will be answered in the series-final of the upcoming season but i'd imagine both Damon and Carlton will at least answer them as i do remember them promising at the end of the 1st season that they'd explain how the plane crashed before the end of the 2nd season... and they did keep their promise there.

Anyways... discussion / comments on the above!

they did?

i still dont know how the plane crashed, but i do recall someone saying that it was the black smoke (which i have never seen explained).

please do tell me. i hate this forum. it brings back all the frustration of trying to watch the series and just not knowing bloody anything thats going on!

lost: the series where nothing is explained!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,049 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Desmond caused it to crash when he didnt press the button. It created some magnetic thingy(not up to scratch with stuff like that), that forced anything near by to be pulled to the island.

That doesnt explain why the plane was thousands of miles off course in the first place though......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Des didn't press the button, which diffuses the magnetic field that builds up every 108 minutes under the hatch, so the field grew so big that it could destroy all the equipment on a plane a few thousand feet in the air. This lead the plane, which was off course by 1000 miles or so, to lose control and break up in 3 places in the air and crash on the island with little casulties.

Theres a lot left to be answered in my opinion. Theres some dodgy science in there for one thing and how did everyone survive? We the know the island can heal people but can it bring people back from the dead? Why didn't Shannon or Boon survive their wounds so? :confused:

Advertisement