Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ballincolling Cork skate park latest

Options
  • 16-07-2006 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

They hav'nt even started yet but it was in the paper yesterday thet work will begin in the next week or two and it will be finished in November....hopefully it will not be a Rhino ramps creation.I'll post the article up when I get a chance.
    November when we will be flodded with rain!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Work has begun on the "modular" Ballypheane skatepark,so far the concrete surface has been laid,only found out today as I drove past the site,it looks smaller than the Lucan one.I'll visit the site and try and get more info...who won the tender (hopefully not rhino) and estimated day of completition.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Theres a lot worse out there than Rhino, Eibe for instance the crowd who made the waterford ramps. Most if not all modular companies are cack, basically cos if they did know what they were doing they'd be building in concrete.There's one or two companies doing more interesting modular ramps and there is such a thing as concrete modular:-precast concrete ramps.Not as good as proper crete but usually better than skatelite furniture.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭fisheye

shagman wrote:
    Theres a lot worse out there than Rhino, Eibe for instance the crowd who made the waterford ramps. Most if not all modular companies are cack, basically cos if they did know what they were doing they'd be building in concrete.There's one or two companies doing more interesting modular ramps and there is such a thing as concrete modular:-precast concrete ramps.Not as good as proper crete but usually better than skatelite furniture.
    Get Freestyle or Gravity, both from the UK, on the case. They both have proven records and concrete is far and away better than any rubbish picked out of a catalogue a la Argos. Rhino are terrible, end of story.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

Here is the article:

July%2006%20skatepark%20article.JPG

Advertisement