Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something should be done!

Options
  • 16-07-2006 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭

Hi,

With all the local councils finally putting in new parks around the place I think we should all get them to do it properly and maybe try and get them to replace Rhino as the main builders to get them to use Airspeed. The bushypark park looks like it is going to be far beyond all expectation and comparing it with the flatpack constructions of Rhino it is easy to see the Airspeed would be the obvious company to construct the other parks and not Rhino.

Anyone with me? Anybody got any ideas to help sort this out?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

I'm sure everyone agrees with you on the point you have made,but if rhino win the tenders then it's going to be built by rhino,unless you get the people that award the tenders to put rhino ramps out of the running!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 stonedfluff

as buzz aldrin said shortly before the launch of apollo 11 "i realised i was sitting in an experimental vehicle that was built by the lowest bidder" the main job of the decision makers is cost over quaility "saving tax payers as much as possible"
    it sucks verily

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

Stonedfluff, I would agree to an extent but I fell that we should show the councils that it is quality rather then quantity that counts, if they go on building these Rhino parks then it wont be long before they are all shut down because the parks are falling apart or people outgrow them and dont use them, if they build quality concrete ramps and good ones then they will last longer and more peeople will use them aswel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Kenjd

You could go to the e-tenders website and find out who is responsible for putting up the tender for the park. then mail them with your views.
    Heres a link to the galway one, if you click on full notice tab i think you'll find the person responsible in the council!!
    http://www.e-tenders.gov.ie/search/search_show.aspx?ID=JUN061156
    I searched the site fort "skate" and this was the only notice i found.
    Canvass town halls , local politicians, local people...everyone!!!
    Showing them the difference between modular and 'crete.....
    I'm off to england before this summer is out to skate some 'crete!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭f

imstead of buildin a load of small parks, with ****ty layout, they should just put all the money together and build some thin like a plaza, well not all the money. but somethin like the dc plaza

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭shagman

Heres the contact details for the Galway counciller pushing for more modular parks to be built.

Main Contact: stephen.walsh@galwaycity.ie
    Admin Contact: stephen.walsh@galwaycity.ie
    Technical Contact: N/a
    Other Contact: joe.considine@galwaycity.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭segasega

I know concrete parks are better but if Rhino keeps getting all the tenders then you'd think they would try learn something about layout!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

segasega wrote:
    I know concrete parks are better but if Rhino keeps getting all the tenders then you'd think they would try learn something about layout!

they tendered for wood...

Advertisement