Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nokia 6234 - anyone?

• 16-07-2006 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,999 ✭✭✭

im thinking the 189 euro price tag on the 6234 from vondafone aint bad at all.

has anybody tried it yet?impressions? i would like it because its the new 6230/i , but is it really?

would really like some feedback on it.

Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's physically Vodafone branded and no doubt has that sluggish Vodafone software on it.

The phone looks well nice though.

Compare the 6230i against the 6234 here - http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone2=1388&idPhone1=1087

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭skearon

You can always get it reflashed with generic Nokia Firmware, of which the latest appears to be 3.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

I got one and am very impressed.

Its basically a 6230i with a better camera, more/improved features, bigger & better screen, and has 3G.

Another advantage over the 6230i is the memory card (transflash) can be removed/inserted without powering off the phone.

Active standby is a very good new feature also.

Only downside is lack of front camera so doesn't really support video calling although it does work.

Menu isn't slow at all and most Vodafone customisation seems to be in the form of a theme and you have the option of simply selecting the standard Nokia theme if you like.

I'm well happy with it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭romperstomper

I have just gotten this phone. I don't like the vf software at all. i have heard that i can get it flashed to the nokia firmware. do i have to bring it in to a mobile shop? or can i do it with software and my laptop?? thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's exclusive to Vodafone - will Nokia actually provide generic software? Or should we just assume the 6233 software will work? Or what?

Anyhows, you can remove most of the internal branding .. you'd just see mine as a poor nokia menu now rather than a vodafone one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

Camera - deadly
    i find it a bit confusing compared to other nokia's aswell. defo need to buy an extra mem card but they r cheap on the net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭JCB1

Will the 6234 fit the 6230i car kit (regular not bluetooth) ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

i have it and I'm very happy .. dunno why they dont put a mini usb connection on em tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭romperstomper

so where can I go to get some good games to pass away the commuter hours with this thing? maybe some good chess games, the last fone i had (6100) would take an hour to make a move!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement