Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

SNME-your thoughts**spoiler**

• 16-07-2006 4:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭

It started off well with hogan and brook entering the ring but I didnt see the purpose of why they were there in the first place.Anyway for Summerslam randy vs hogan,not one im particulary looking forward to.It has been said that the second half of this year will be Randy's year but so far im not seeing it.A match with hulk will do nothing to propell him into the main event.
    Then came the matches:

Lashley,batista and rey mysterio vs finley,booker and mark henry.
    I thought that this would be an ok match but boy was I wrong.Firstly WTF are WWE hoping to do with this leprechaun guy that keeps interfering in finleys matches?
    JBL doing the commentary only added to the ****e and within 10 mins the match was wrapped up.It was like it had a beginning,no middle and then came the end.

Carlito and trish vs johnny nitro and melina
    The match starts with the 2 divas going at it and they quickly tag in the two guys and Im thinkin,ok this might be an ok match.Then I see the divas coming in again,pulling each others hair and falling to the outside-not to be seen again.Meanwhile carlito does an inverted backbreaker to nitro and 1-2-3.A BRUTAL match.So im guessing that this rivalry will escalate further.

Dx vs The spirit squad
    It was no surprise when DX won this one.It was the usual stuff that we see on RAW-mcmahon comes out and gets embarrased and DX finish off with "suck it" after the match.
    The match was again another very short one.Within the first 3 minutes two members of the spirit squad had been elimanted and there was no surprise that neither HHH or HBK got eliminated.Another poor match that I think was simply a filler for the card.

I havent been watching smackdown for the last number of weeks except when batista returned and can someone tell me why the big show showed up while divari was telling us what khali was going to do to him next week?
    He put his title on the line-but why?makes no goddamn sense.

Sabu vs Steven richards
    When I realised that this was even a match,my first reaction was WTF.Then when the match ended literally 2minutes later im thinking myself,is this for real????

Edge vs John Cena
    Although not a big fan of cena,i was looking foward to this one(probably since the other ones were so ****).It was BRUTAL.About 5 minutes after the match had started it was finished-by Dq as usual with wwe.The only thing that I took away from this was that I think Cena could be becoming a heel soon-FUing edge through the table

All in all it was a CRAP show.Ive watched SMNEs in the past and this has to be one of the worst.Some matches were put together,it seemed like just for the hell of it and others were shorter than the commercial breaks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

fatal wrote:
    It started off well with hogan and brook entering the ring but I didnt see the purpose of why they were there in the first place

to give Hogans daughters singing career a little push, that was the only reason she was there and then to play her music video. load of **** considering how short some of the matches were

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I thought the event was poor and felt the only good moment was Taker's return.

As for Hogan, while Orton vs Hogan is a match I've wanted to see for Orton's sake, if Hogan is going to go over then it makes absolutely no sense for the WWE to do it. The only way it makes sense is if Hogan has agreed to put over Austin at WM23 in return for going over Orton.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Does anyone else actually think that Hogan wont go over at Summerslam. The storyline is basically going to be around Orton fancying Brooke, and Hogan not liking it. The only reason she is involved is her career, as already mentioned. For her career to thrive, the bad guy cannot defeat her good guy daddy.

More Hogan crap if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

I thought the event was poor and felt the only good moment was Taker's return.

As for Hogan, while Orton vs Hogan is a match I've wanted to see for Orton's sake, if Hogan is going to go over then it makes absolutely no sense for the WWE to do it. The only way it makes sense is if Hogan has agreed to put over Austin at WM23 in return for going over Orton.
    has hogan said that he is willing to take on austin wm23.Austin was asked about it a few months back and he basically said that he thinks that the idea is a load of bs and that he(austin) wouldnt be interested in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

To me, the whole show just seemed too packed and that meant everything looked rushed. The mixed tag match should have been kept for Raw and would have given the other four match at least a little more time.

I liked the opening sement with Hogan and Orton but I thought they could have kept the RKO for a little further down the line. I just prefer slow builds to feuds I guess. The sense in doing it for WWE is that on an irregular basis Hogan draws good ppv numbers and I think this time it will be no exception either.

The 6 man tag fell apart after Mark Henry got injured. The look on Batista's face when he realised what happened is somthing to look out for. That was the money match for next weeks ppv and now its seems to be gone.

Sabu did n't have the best night of his life either. 3 very sloppy minutes.

On the positive side they promoted hard all three shows, set up a match for ECW this Tuesday and got to push their 2 upcoming ppvs to some new fans.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Just got done watching the show.

The bull riding crap doesn't even deserve a comment. The mixed tag was very underwhelming as well. Trish & Melina did look very off. It was like watching two T & A chicks mixing it up rather then two of the top divas in WWE.

The funniest thing for me was the Brooke Hogan stuff. Why was she smiling and being so friendly with Orton? You'd think she would have seen him on WWE before. Doesn't she know what he's like? Apparently not. She probably takes after her father and only ever watches anything to do with Hulk.

That wasn't even the funniest thing though. After the RKO on the car, Brooke gets out, sees Hogan unconscious with Randy beside him, and says " what happened to him Randy? " Duh. They aren't exactly making Brooke look like a rocket scientist are they?

Overall, as a show, it was watchable I suppose. But they crammed a lot of stuff in to the 2 hours, and a lot of it was rushed, so none of it really made a lasting impression.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The only bit I liked was the ending and the bit after the main event. I don't remember seeing that ending before. The match was nowhere near as good as some that Edge and Cena have had together. Trish and Melina had probably the best women's match of last year, but they didn't look great this time

Hogan has bored me for a long time now. Hope Brooke turns heel, they might aswell make it interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

fatal wrote:
    has hogan said that he is willing to take on austin wm23.Austin was asked about it a few months back and he basically said that he thinks that the idea is a load of bs and that he(austin) wouldnt be interested in it

Austin doesn't want to do it because he knows Hogan wants to go over him (which is fair enough I think) but I imagine if it was made clear that Austin would go over and if he was offered a big pay deal, then he would agree.

Wrestlemania 23 will take place in Detroit here at Ford Field in a football stadium twenty years after WM3, which was also in Detroit.

I think the WWE will need a really special match for this event and Hogan vs Austin would sell tickets just on name value alone. I just wonder if Hogan might have tossed out the idea of putting over Austin at Mania as long as he could go over Orton at SSlam...
    That wasn't even the funniest thing though. After the RKO on the car, Brooke gets out, sees Hogan unconscious with Randy beside him, and says " what happened to him Randy? " Duh. They aren't exactly making Brooke look like a rocket scientist are they?

Yeah you'd think the fact that Orton was crouched over Hogan whilst grinning would have given her some sort of clue but unfortunately not. Ah well, she's a blonde I suppose. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Fozzy wrote:
    Hogan has bored me for a long time now. Hope Brooke turns heel, they might aswell make it interesting

I was thinking the same exact thing. She could say she was getting revenge on her father for being so over protective of her. Could be interesting.
    Ah well, she's a blonde I suppose.

You're so lucky that I'm a brunette. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

Austin doesn't want to do it because he knows Hogan wants to go over him (which is fair enough I think) but I imagine if it was made clear that Austin would go over and if he was offered a big pay deal, then he would agree.
    i still don't know if Austin'd trust them, remember the arrangement for taboo tuesday was to beat the coach and then he found out just days before that they wanted him to job to coach so he refused and didn't show up.
    i thought SNME was dissapointing, and the matches were as stated too rushed, which i feel was the main problem, the wrestlers weren't given enough time to settle in before they had to finish.
    as for Oron V Hogan at summerslam i wonder if jobbing to Hogan is yet more punishment along the lines of his suspension,or if another (the biggest to date) name will be added to the legend killers legacy,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

SNME got a 2.7 rating on NBC, finishing last out of the 4 main stations. They got a 3.1 last March which was a huge disappointment back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭SilverFox261

I can't see Orton beating Hogan fairly, but brooke turning on her over protective father and costing Hogan the match looks like a typical WWE plot twist. If Hogan is in it to just promote his daughters career, there would be no better way to get her into the spotlight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

undoubtedly the only way hogan will lose is by crook, he won't accept going down clean to a youngster like orton.

Something I don't really understand is why they'd be pushing Brooke for a WWE audience. I wouldn't say many of them would fall into the same demographic as the people who'd buy her music

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'm sure sales of Lillian Garcias music has gone up ten-fold due to her association with WWE.

It will definiately help Brookes sales.

I suppose, but Lilian isn't very well known outside of wrestling. Brooke is on a highly rated tv show every week. I think I heard that her single isn't out til September, is that right? Would that mean Hogan will be stickin round til after Summerslam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

God it was pretty dire. The Sab- Richards match could have and should have been good. I t was bad enough that is was a squash match but then Sabu totally bolloxed up the ending. I knew when he climbed up top that there was no way he'd land his move properly. Plus the table already broke when he put stevie on i :s

I won't even bother commenting on the other crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 374 ✭✭castagnoli

This was a stinker, plain and simple. The only good thing was Ortons RKO on Hogan, that actually made me laugh out loud. Having said that, I missed the end of the title match.
    The Big Show proved what a waste of space he really is, ""What can I say, Im here to put you over", *hangs head in shame*

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

The dx voiceover of the McMahons was funny tho:D

Advertisement