Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheap 2gb pro duos on ebay - worth the hassle?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

No but they are counterfeit usually not official brands, and more than likley come from Hong Kong, i have one and its fine.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

i think i'll chance my luck. i paid a little over e100 for a sandisk card 9 months ago, but since i discovered homebrew 1gb isnt enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

Do these cards generally have the full 2gb of space on em. Wasnt there an issue a while back with the counterfeit ones only having 1gb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

wtf. £30!!!!! is that correct

going to get myself one of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 447 ✭✭blocparty

ya i ordered a 2gb one for £32.99 and it was well worth it. just make sure you buy off someone thats in england and that they have sold alot and have a good track record.

they cost at least double over here so im well happy! 1.5 firmware rules

oh ya and it delivered this morning

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Tazzle

I've gotten a 4GB sandisk SD Ultra II for 38 sterling on eBay, definitely going to get a duo off of there aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭juanjo

4gb for 38

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭Nephew

i've read that these cheapo cards have a slow data transfer rate. is this only noticeable when transferring files from a pc to the card, or say if the card was being used for homebrew would it take an age to load and effect the speed at which the homebrew runs?

i'm thinking of buying a cheapo 2gb for my psp, and using my genuine 1gb in my camera

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭juanjo

got a 2gb pro duo ultraII from england, but it actually came from china. tested the speeds and it is as fast as a real one, so i'm not sure if they are real or not.

BTW 60 euro with delivery and everything.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

blocparty wrote:
    just make sure you buy off someone thats in england and that they have sold alot and have a good track record.
    None of them are actually being sent from the UK though despite what their location claims to be in their ebay profile.

Just ordered a 2gb myself for £25, and saved about a fiver on the shipping by getting it posted to a mate in the UK I'm visiting next week. For that price though it's worth the risk of it being a dud.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

Are the 4gb's worth the stretch?

I was looking at this: http://cgi.ebay.ie/EXCLU-SONY-Memory-stick-4GB-4GO-PRO-DUO-PSP-4-GB-GO_W0QQitemZ260012017741QQihZ016QQcategoryZ117983QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

€160 for 4gigs seems very good, but is 4gb excessive?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 TuneR

robinph wrote:
    For that price though it's worth the risk of it being a dud.
    It may be worth the risk until something goes wrong and you send it back for a replacement, then you get nothing from the manufacturer when they find its fake.....
    chern0byl wrote:
    Are the 4gb's worth the stretch?
    Make sure its compaitable with your Sony product before you buy it:

http://www.sonydigital-link.com/memstick/compatibility/compatibility.asp?l=en

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

TuneR wrote:
    It may be worth the risk until something goes wrong and you send it back for a replacement, then you get nothing from the manufacturer when they find its fake.....
    I'm not going to be sending some memory stick that I got of ebay for £20 back to SanDisk looking for a replacement though, just get another one and hope for better luck next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭00sully

official 2gig sony duos are on play.com for ~€90 / £60

link

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

It has to be a pricing error?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Garret

no, tis a sale

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Do Play.com ship electronics to Rep. of Ireland now?

Advertisement