Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rose Festival

Options
  • 16-07-2006 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Myself and my mate went down to st annes for a kick about, just for something to do for a doss...

Found out theres a festival on... bouncy castles, fire engine on show... ya know things for the family... nothing of any real interest to a 25 yr old fella, but still i'm very impressed.

Great turn out (weather helped!), great atmosphere, no knackers around etc...

Just really impressed, so i thought i'd put it out there... any more events like this coming up??

SIDE NOTE: Came across this group of 30(ish) yr olds playing with swords kinda like dungeons and dragons... very unsettling... but hey whatever floats yer boat eh???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

Yeah it's an annual thing.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

I remember a few years ago they had a big festival type thing it was huge had a big basketball competition and even a few bands.I often wondered why they never had it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭raheny red

I was playing pitch and putt and the loud music was putting me off :p :rolleyes: :o -

• Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

haha yea... loud music... errr emmm... THATS why we only got 15 keepies up.... lol ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

yeah... just moved to Raheny, loving it, great area. The Festival was really good, great atmosphere.

I have seen the dudes with the swords, I asked them what they were doing, seems they are acting out scenes from the Lord Of the Rings book. Self confesed geeks... There was a couple of "lads" in tracksuits falling about the place laughing at them when I came across them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Magic Pips

Yea man, raheny really is a great area. never lived there (bayside, clontarf, balgriffin) but i did work there for a couple of years around 2001 (xtravision...if you call that work!) Its an area i'd love to end up living, one of the few places that you still see a nice neighbourhood spirit.

*oh and myself and my mate just looked at each other and walked on silently to have a giggle later... would be a bit disrespectful to laugh in their faces! each to their own!

Advertisement