Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer shoes

• 16-07-2006 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭

Hi. I'm going on holiday next week to americia and I'm hopeless at finding shoes.I've got tons of flip floppy things which are normally grand but some days I'm going to be walking a lot and I need to find some comphy shoes to go with a knee length skirt. I was just wondering if any of you knew of any good shops/styles?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Oh my god if you are going to the US you should definately buy some Havaiana flip flops (as favoured by Nicole Richie - she's always in them). Plain Khaki look gorgeous with white skirts and a tan! I know you said you have loads of flip flop things but these are the ultimate in comfort and they don't rub any part of your foot. If you don't already have a pair, INVEST! They're only about €15 and you can walk for miles, believe me. I've attached a pic of Nicole in the black ones! Where are you going in the US? I'm not sure about shoe shop chains over there but no doubt there will be an abundance of shoes. K-Swiss is very popular and footlocker is a large chain. Enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

A bit off-topic but just letting you know that the purple/pink Haviannas made for the Lavender Trust are reduced to only €7.50 in Ms. Selfridges sale!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,838 ✭✭✭Doomspell

happydance wrote:
    Hi. I'm going on holiday next week to americia and I'm hopeless at finding shoes.I've got tons of flip floppy things which are normally grand but some days I'm going to be walking a lot and I need to find some comphy shoes to go with a knee length skirt. I was just wondering if any of you knew of any good shops/styles?

Are you taking about bying them here or in america?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

ive lovely flat cream shoes got em in penneys v comfy they have a ribbon threaded through the top and back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

I know this a relatively expensive in comparision but I'd highly, highly advise you get a pair of birkenstock shoes. My pair cost me 55. Here's a pic http://www.birkenstock.co.uk/index.php?m=catalogue&a=vw_prod&wprid=3 The strap around the foot can be altered as well so that they can be tightened as the leather starts to loosen. I love mine. I currently want them in black, brown, e.t.c :)

Schuh, Office and Woodstock Footwear Ltd (36 Wicklow street, Dublin 2) stock them. Schuh have them at a dearer price of 60. Woodstock Footwear deals solely in birkenstock and have a wider selection. I found the staff to be very pleasant and helpful. Also, they have a loyalty card so on the the purchase of your 6th pair they give you 15 off a new pair.

Best of luck,
    A.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 DgirlDub

Can you get these in a size 9?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭b3t4

I'm not sure DgirlDub if you are directing the question at me but....

On the link it says they go from size 36 - 42 and from this chart http://www.birkenstock.co.uk/index.php?m=catalogue&a=sizing 42 is a 9 so they do.

A.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,423 ✭✭✭tinkerbell

42 is an 8 and 43 is a 9.

41 is a 7.5. I hate shops that say they stock eights when it's actually a 41, it's so irritating. Shoe shopping sucks for me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fashion guru

Birkenstock is an excellent brand. However, the US is famous for its comfortable yet stylish shoes at about a third of what you'd pay in Ireland. My advice would be to wait til you get there. You'll have no problem finding what you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

happydance, I don't know your location but if you have Marks and Spencers near you, they have some very nice summer shoes in the Per Una range. I recently bought a pair of brown ones which are similar to flip-flops but they have a much wider band across the foot which is elasticated and they're very cushioned. I've walked miles in them already and they're very comfortable and don't make my feet sweat. Can't find a picture of them on their website unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭happydance

Thanks. I'll defenitly have a look at those birkenstocks, sound good! I may wait til americia to get them- nothing like good value!

I'm afraid filp flops are out, any shoe with a defind edge accross the top of my foot is hopeless, I seem to have hopelessly thin skin and the filp flops just leave me with a lovly v shape graze!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

I like birkenstocks but i went to new york last summer, walked everywhere in them and they burned the feet off me, can't wear them anymore cos they give me blisters.
    Eh, but i do know people who have no trouble with them so i might just have bandy feet.

Might check out those flip-flops tommorrow scraggs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭giggles

Has anybody seen or have these? http://www.crocs.com/consumer/product_details/beach/

I was in Toronto in June and noticed LOADS of people wearing them. I thought they looked kinda funny myself! But now I see them in lots of shops here too

I saw them in Office today and tried one on out of curiosity. They seemed rather comfy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 reb_f

i'm in NY myself for the summer, it is VERY hot and humid here, so I advise you to get the comfiest shoes possible! I have a few pairs of topshop flats in different colours that I live in over here, go with everything, once you break them in they're really comfy and not too expensive if u want to buy shoes before u head over (approx €45). i buy mine a bit bigger and put an insole in them, makes them so much more comfortable! you can get loads of different types of insoles with arch support etc., and believe me, they make a huge difference when walking around NY! u said u find flip flops uncomfortable, but supposedly the Haviania ones are V.comfy, and cost from $5-15 over here. theres so much choice over here, and amazing sales, so try to put off buying them till u go on your holiday if u can! enjoy your trip

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

My votes goes with the Havianas. I used to hate flip flops as any pair I had were so uncomfortable. I've changed my opinion of them since getting my first pair of Havianas. Four pairs later I can safely say I'm addicted. They are so comfortable & can be worn with anything.

Advertisement