Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Archiving to DVD

• 16-07-2006 7:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Hi all.

Im well pleased with my Pioneer 530 I have to say. Just have 2 queries!

1 I've copied some material from my camcorder to it (using lead with 3 coloured pins....is there a special dv lead for this??)but now want to put it on a DVD. OK, I should be able to do that. But supposing I want to re-assemble it for a compilation at a later stage, and I have deleted it from my H Drive, can i copy it again from the DVD to the Hard Drive?

2 On the left part of the navigator screen, it lets you sort material according to various criteria. So I placed a film recorded from TV in a category (cant remember which one now). i would like it to STAY there, ie I could then keep a few programmes/films stored there if i wanted to, and NOT have them show up on the main screen every time. This film does show up, and Im afraid I'll delete it accidentaly.

I suppose what I want it to do is store stuff in categories, and it does that, but ALL the recordings appear every time you turn it on. Any way round this?

regards all

h

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

It was possible to copy back onto the hard drive on my liteon recorder so i would expect this would work although you should try it with something you don't mind losing. Not sure about your second query as I haven't really looked at that aspect.

Having some problems with guideplus myself now. I moved home recently and since I setup my recorder it has failed to get any guideplus updates. I used the startup navigator again (don't ask why) and can control my set-top box perfectly but no listings are sent to me. The recorder does go into Epg mode now and then but still no listings. Could it be anything to do with the Itv channel on my analogue cable being slightly fuzzy. Have tried to retune but only received marginally better signal. Also does the guideplus automatically find Itv or is there somewhere (that I can't find) that I can specify it's location in the internal tuner channels? Or should I have Itv as the current channel when I send the machine into standby?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

hawthorn wrote:
    Hi all.

Im well pleased with my Pioneer 530 I have to say. Just have 2 queries!

1 I've copied some material from my camcorder to it (using lead with 3 coloured pins....is there a special dv lead for this??)but now want to put it on a DVD. OK, I should be able to do that. But supposing I want to re-assemble it for a compilation at a later stage, and I have deleted it from my H Drive, can i copy it again from the DVD to the Hard Drive?

2 On the left part of the navigator screen, it lets you sort material according to various criteria. So I placed a film recorded from TV in a category (cant remember which one now). i would like it to STAY there, ie I could then keep a few programmes/films stored there if i wanted to, and NOT have them show up on the main screen every time. This film does show up, and Im afraid I'll delete it accidentaly.

I suppose what I want it to do is store stuff in categories, and it does that, but ALL the recordings appear every time you turn it on. Any way round this?

regards all

h
    Yeah its noproblem copying a dvd disc back to the hdd (your own that is)
    You can keep the recordings in catagories all right you can also lock them to prevent acccidental deletion... I wouldnt entirely rely on the hdd to keep permanent back up of anything though as they can die (as any hdd) at any time..Archive all important stuff to dvd...btw. brilliant bit of kit..one of my best buys ever

Advertisement