Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good/Cheap Hotel/Motel for Dublin 15 ?

Options
  • 16-07-2006 7:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

Hi,

I just register this huge and wonderful forum, because I want to ask something about the hotels / motels for Dublin 15.

Is there any good/cheap hotel or motel in Dublin 15 area? or near that?

(...btw I don't really understand this Dublin(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 etc.) numbering thing, is that postal-code or..? And I am not from Ireland that why I wondering..)

Thank you all!

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Hi fireal and welcome to Boards I hope you enjoy your time with us.

The river Liffey runs through Dublin,the post code works in a simple way odd numbers are on the Northside of Dublin with even numbers on the Southside.What part of Dublin 15 are you looking for accommodation in...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 fireal

Hi Dub13,

I m looking hotel or motel for Castleknock or Blanchardstown.

And btw is those areas good place to live in generally ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

there's a travellodge on the navan road just near castleknock. iv heard its around €40 a night but haven't been myself so can't comment!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www.webtrade.ie/dublin_castleknock_travelodge_hotel.asp

D15 is the post code.

Dublin 15 is very large area with in dublin and is the largest developing area of the country and of europe for the last 5 years.

http://www.virtualdublin15.info/index.php

• Advertisement

Sarsfield wrote:

Okey thank you all!

I think that I choose this Travelodge. It's 79€ per night because I come saturday in Ireland, so thats way they probably want more.

One thing still wondering me. I was try to book a room and I have to pay immediately that room, why? Is that usual practice?

Oh, and I was try to book room at Travelodge. Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

fireal wrote:
    One thing still wondering me. I was try to book a room and I have to pay immediately that room, why? Is that usual practice?

Oh, and I was try to book room at Travelodge. Thanks!

Are you sure you pay immediately or do they just ask for your credit card as a guarantee?

If so, then use this website http://www.dublintourist.com/details/travelodge_castleknock.shtml

You will not pay until you have stayed. But there is a charge for late cancellation.

BendiBus wrote:
    Are you sure you pay immediately or do they just ask for your credit card as a guarantee?

If so, then use this website http://www.dublintourist.com/details/travelodge_castleknock.shtml

You will not pay until you have stayed. But there is a charge for late cancellation.

Thanks! You was absolutely correct! Only thing that I still little wondering is breakfast, Travelodge pages didn't say anything about breakfast policy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Chopperdog

I know that they serve breakfast there up to 12.00.

It is €8.50 and is possibly one of the largest cooked breakfasts you will get in Dublin.

Their breakfast is so good it has become my hangover breakfast favourite.

• Advertisement

Chopperdog wrote:
    I know that they serve breakfast there up to 12.00.

It is €8.50 and is possibly one of the largest cooked breakfasts you will get in Dublin.

Their breakfast is so good it has become my hangover breakfast favourite.

8.50€ is not bad for a good breakfast :) Nice thing to know!

Advertisement