Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mobile Billing contract change question.

• 16-07-2006 8:09pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I started a new job about 2 months ago. As the company are very new, its practically impossible to get a business mobile contract phone, so the best way around it was for me to get a personal phone, and then I just pay for it myself and claim the bill on my expenses. However unfortunately the job has not worked out and I'm leaving. This leaves me with a problem as the bill is in my name, and I don't think its possible to swap the contract over to another person.

I was told the only way to get around this is to change the billing from direct debit to standard bill, keep it on my name but change the billing address to the company. This is a bit messy so I was wondering if anyone knows of a better way aound the problem? Can you cancel the contact and pay a fee?

I'm with O2 on their heighest plan, about €80 a month. Certinaly don't want to be left wit h it myself.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You can cancel the contract. It should cost you about 220e to do this (the lowest line rental X how many months left, 20 x 11).
    They may however charge you 80e for each of the next 5 months as you're contracted to stay on that tariff for the first 6 months. That'd be (80 x 5) + (20 x 6) = 520e.
    Get your company to pay that and you'll be free of the bill then.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Well I;m sure they are going to be replacing me, so perhaps they can just take over the billing, but will they let me change all the details?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Ring up o2 and ask. They may let you change it all over.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

New businesses can secure a contract with o2 with a 250 euro deposit, company headed notepaper and a vat no via 02 retail.

A contract can be changed over from one owner to another officially uso=ing a change of ownership form, also available through o2 retail.

Pm me if you got any qs!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks Sdoom, can it be changed from a personal to a business?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Certainly.

You need to pick up a change of ownership form, both fill it in, and provide a photocopy of a passport/drivers licence for the signatory on the business account, and also company headed notepater stating the biusiness's desire to open an account with the number.

Advertisement