Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan question

Options
  • 16-07-2006 8:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭

Hi, Im not sure if anyone knows about this but here goes...

In the past Ive had one personal loan and one business loan - I aquired both with ease and there was no problems paying off either

I plan to do a major travelling trip this time next year and my question is - would the bank be able to provide me a loan for this??

I will have a lot of money saved myself by this time but I will still need in the region of 20 to euro25,000

I know they give personal loans for holidays but what bout my case?

Thanks for any advice-I appreciate it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Well, they are definitely "able" to provide a loan - but we have no way of knowing what your chances are though; your credit rating and many other factors will determine this. Your track record is probably pretty good, but wil you be returning to steady employment when you get back?

As you have a good bit of money saved up, then you may be eligble for a credit union loan; these tend to be quite competitive. Be sure to shop around, this is a hefty loan and the amount you have to pay back in total could vary widely depending on the rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Sony

Thanks for the reply - Yeah Ill have steady employment to come back to as its my own company,its up and running now and steady profit margins etc - I just havent been up and running long enough to get this cash together myself ...

would the credit union really cater for a loan of this size??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,254 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Sony wrote:
    would the credit union really cater for a loan of this size??

They tend to give a multiple of what you put in, so if you can lodge in 5K, then they may be able to loan you 20-25K. I don't know what their upper limits are. Give tesco a look as well, apparently they are supposed to be good value.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Sony

cheers I will

Advertisement