Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for persian kitten.

Options
  • 16-07-2006 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

anyone know where i can get a persian kitten. are there any websites listing cat breeders? I've seen a few in the buy and sell but they tend to be sold straight away. ?

cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Arcadian

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭thecivvie

My wife is starting to breed, but awaits the first litter. Should be anytime soon all going well

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

Thanks a million Arcadian, that's great!

and tcob good luck with that. PM me if your selling!

One more thing, I know persians are indoor cats, bt is it so bad that if they manage to get out at all they'll run away, or get beat up by tom-cats etc...
    i'm no expert! any info appreciated.

thanks again guys...

Arcadian wrote:

Sorry can u tell me what the stud section on the list refers too.. and private, public. etc??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭thecivvie

Will post here once they arrive, there are too many cats in this house anyway :)

Join Ireland Weather Network

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭RandomOne

Flynn wrote:

One more thing, I know persians are indoor cats,

No. They're cats which owners often choose to keep as indoors cats in case of theft or accident same as any other cat. They can find their way home just as well as anything else. I don't envy you the grooming though. :D

well its a present for my g.friend and she loves cats, and will love the fact she has to groom... maybe she will get sick of it tho! I'll be happy to groom too..

what do u suggest about the indoor and theft thing?

No matter what type of cat you get it should be kept indoors. I would make sure that a persian cat is really what your girlfriend wants as they are a lot of work with their daily groomings. 3 of my cats are longhaired moggies and one of them in particular requires daily brushing and combing as he develops thick knots literally overnight:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

Does your gf know you are getting her a cat?. If not you better tell her!.

With regards as to whether or not to let the cat out depends on your selves and where you live. I let my cat out and she mainly sticks to the back garden as she is a lazy little madam.

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

Most (if not all) reputable breeders will only home pedigree cats to indoor only homes.

• Advertisement

No the cat is a surprise but not completely as she wants a cat with ages. And has had them before. (altho not a persian)
    We have a rented house in a really nice neighbourhood, big houses, so i dont think keeping it indoors would be a problem.. I was just worried in case it did manage to get out, is that the end of the cat.. but it's not so that okay... There is one really nasty lookin tom cat in the area tho. built like a ****house. Wont be letting it near that!

The grooming issue wouldnt be a problem.. trust me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭CookieCat

Good luck with your search please bare in mind that the "New style" of Persians can have many genetic faults due to limited blood lines an over breeding. Please do your home work as an owner of a Persian mad max they are a unique breed and are high maintenance. Max is a rescued Persian and one the two breeds that find themselves in rescue. Persians tend to come in matted and un cared for and Siamese because of not understood/stimulated they can present with behavioural problems.

Go to an ethical breeder via the CFA/SABCCI ONLY...You should be able to view the mother also (Some cats are sent to stud so daddy is not always around) Research the blood lines and be prepared to part with some serious cash for an ethically bred Persian and you should ask plenty of researched questions.Just because someone has kittens does not make them experts ...Just like puppy mills ...Kitten mills are now unfortunatley thriving and to the "lay person" Many of these kittens are not full pedigree.

All my cats are indoor with access to a safe run, but keep in mind the growing number of pedigree cat thefts or attempted thefts recently.
    Good luck.

CookieCat wrote:
    All my cats are indoor with access to a safe run

Any chance of some pics of the run?:D

Advertisement