Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

N91 now available on bill pay

• 16-07-2006 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭

I was in a phone shop today and I see that the n91 is now available on Meteor bill pay. It was about e300 though.
    Is anyone going to get one? I was contemplating it, but tbh I don't have e300to be spending right now, so I'm getting myself a girly 7370 instead.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

You'd have to have money to burn to spend hundreds of euro on a phone. I can understand the attraction with shuch a poor range of phones available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Pythia wrote:
    I was in a phone shop today and I see that the n91 is now available on Meteor bill pay. It was about e300 though.
    Is anyone going to get one? I was contemplating it, but tbh I don't have e300to be spending right now, so I'm getting myself a girly 7370 instead.

I can't believe the rubbish Nokia are releasing in the last year or two. Phones that cost 170-250 on pre-pay with appalling features - the 7360, 199 for a phone with a vga camera, no bluetooth and 4mb memory with no card slot? The 7370 isn't much better. Whats the point of a 1.3MP camera with only 10mb un-expandable memory?

Nokias were always overprice compared to the competitors but at least most of their phones are decent, but alot of the recent ones are really crap, the ones mentioned above for one as well as the 6101, 6103 etc, completely overpriced with way outdated features.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

Was thinking about getting the n91 on Meteor billpay, but only if it was relatively affordable. My 6230i is working fine, I'll keep it for another 9months/year before I upgrade. Don't really want any phone badly enough to spend €300 on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,173 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

HavoK wrote:
    I can't believe the rubbish Nokia are releasing in the last year or two. Phones that cost 170-250 on pre-pay with appalling features - the 7360, 199 for a phone with a vga camera, no bluetooth and 4mb memory with no card slot? The 7370 isn't much better. Whats the point of a 1.3MP camera with only 10mb un-expandable memory?

Nokias were always overprice compared to the competitors but at least most of their phones are decent, but alot of the recent ones are really crap, the ones mentioned above for one as well as the 6101, 6103 etc, completely overpriced with way outdated features.

they release phones like that because they are what some people want, if u want all singing all dancing get a n70/6280 etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

i was in a meteor shop yesterday and didnt see it available also its not on the website, what shop did you see it in?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Cyrus wrote:
    they release phones like that because they are what some people want, if u want all singing all dancing get a n70/6280 etc

That doesn't change the fact its a rip off of epic porportions.

For example, another brand phone, be it Sony Ericsson, Motorola, Siemens, or whatever, offer a phone with the same features if not probably better from about 70 euro....spending the 199 the 7360 costs on another brand phone would get you a superb phone with alot of features.

Basically you are paying about 130 for the Nokias looks, and you can't deny that, its that simple. I think its outrageous.

To be honest my girlfriend doesn't want "all singing all dancing" as you put it, but even she was appalled by the horrendus features of the 7360. Theres a big gap between decent functionality and all singing all dancing, the nokia fits into the category of "Phone from the year 2000, with a price from the future".

Again, its just marketing aimed at teenagers and women who aren't very up to date with phone tech who see it and basically say "its pretty I want it". Nokia could have made an effort and put in more memory att he very least, let alone bluetooth (which comes as standard in pretty much every phone above 100 euro these days let alone 200), at is is there's barely any memory which you can't expand, but they didn't bother because they knew people who shell out stupid money for it anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

peterk19 wrote:
    i was in a meteor shop yesterday and didnt see it available also its not on the website, what shop did you see it in?

CPWs only. They have their own range of Meteor phones.

Advertisement