Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dublin should be burned down.

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,403 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

lightening wrote:
    yawn... come back to me when you have at least tried to have a good time.

You have been given lots of examples of how to enjoy the city and you come back with "it will take me to long to get there" You should really move out of Dublin, its just not for you. Move to the German city you love.

As for Dublin GAA players, avoid going out on nights when the dubs are playing if they get to you...

I got stuck GAA traffic from the country, now I avoid driving around Drumcondra on match day.
    It must be soul destroying living somewhere you dont like.

do you actually read the posts before you reply to them?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

Comon Icky, do you really think Dublin is that bad? Really?

If you DID read the posts you'd know. But because you haven't...

Post 17
    Coming back, I can't help but notice litter everywhere and smell the gas fumes in the city everywhere. Even on the outskirts.

Post 21
    That said, I'm not doubing that Dublin has a lot of possibilities (but could do with some more varied nightlife!) However, it's the people that live here that is the point. We might love the city but, as I said earlier, disrespecting it or taking it for granted seems to be a positive characteristic around here.
    And you'll notice I was positive in the first part of the one...

Post 34
    The issue is respect. It's the people who think they've got the right to drive everywhere, pollute everything and delay everyone else. You can smell the gasoline in the air and we either ignore it ot accept it. Why? It's the attitude you get from bars and restaraunts. And the prices. It's the people who throw they're bigmac wrappers into an overcrowded bin

Post 40
    I like city life when the city is clean and well run. A packed Dublin bar will do occasionally.

Post 57
    The points I raised are 1) Dublin is unclean due to Dubliners inability to respect the cty and 2) Infrastructure and public transport lag well behind other European cities

Now, let's try this again. I am NOT complaining that there is nothing to do. That was your miunderstanding. I am saying that other cities are cleaner and better run.

Fair enough. I actually hadn't really been reading your posts properly. I got you mixed up with other posts..... sorry.

Other cities are cleaner and better run. Syndey is a newer city, a lot of German citys are rebuilt after ww2, they are newer, better infrastructure, more modern ameneties.

Dublin is an old city. This shows, some people like the fact that it is like this.

Ireland has a litter problem, this includes Dublin.

I have been to other cities that are filthier and run badly, much worse than Dublin.

I think you and I are going to have to agree to disagree. Its a matter of personal taste I guess. I managed (by complete fluke) to get on the property ladder very early and live in a fantastic area near the sea. I tend to go to town early and miss the mayham at the weekends.

So I guess I see the good things and I miss out on the bad things. I could be accused of wearing the rose tinted glasses. However I do sail in Dubin bay nearly every weekend for free, I canoed on the liffey for years and I get great enjoyement out of all the ameneties I mentioned previously and I really enjoy living in Dublin.

lightening wrote:
    Fair enough. I actually hadn't really been reading your posts properly. I got you mixed up with other posts..... sorry.

Other cities are cleaner and better run. Syndey is a newer city, a lot of German citys are rebuilt after ww2, they are newer, better infrastructure, more modern ameneties.

Dublin is an old city. This shows, some people like the fact that it is like this.

Ireland has a litter problem, this includes Dublin.

I have been to other cities that are filthier and run badly, much worse than Dublin.

I think you and I are going to have to agree to disagree. Its a matter of personal taste I guess. I managed (by complete fluke) to get on the property ladder very early and live in a fantastic area near the sea. I tend to go to town early and miss the mayham at the weekends.

So I guess I see the good things and I miss out on the bad things. I could be accused of wearing the rose tinted glasses. However I do sail in Dubin bay nearly every weekend for free, I canoed on the liffey for years and I get great enjoyement out of all the ameneties I mentioned previously and I really enjoy living in Dublin.

Truce then!
    You do, however, see a different side when you don't drive and aren't a confident cyclist....! Maybe Star Trek matter-transporters are the answer...?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

lightening wrote:
    I managed (by complete fluke) to get on the property ladder very early and live in a fantastic area near the sea. I tend to go to town early and miss the mayham at the weekends.

[Envies* lightening]:( Wish I had that lifestyle :([/Envies lightening]

*Envy is not the same as begrudgery, fair play to you.

Yeah, the cycling is tricky, I have been knocked down three times.

Where you from anyway?

r3nu4l wrote:
    [Envies* lightening]:( Wish I had that lifestyle :([/Envies lightening]

*Envy is not the same as begrudgery, fair play to you.

Honestly, I Forest gumped my way in to it, total fluke, right place at the right time like a big dope. (with a bit of a fight)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

lightening wrote:
    Honestly, I Forest gumped my way in to it, total fluke, right place at the right time like a big dope. (with a bit of a fight)

Makes Mental note to take notes while next watching Forrest Gump :D

lightening wrote:
    Yeah, the cycling is tricky, I have been knocked down three times.

Where you from anyway?

Sandyford... Bit of a blind spot for transport (unless you're going into town)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

allmixedup wrote:
    this city is a ****hole full of scumbags who should be shot, the match today is a perfect example. one poxy pointless game of boggerball is enough reason to justify the loutish scumbag behaviour by these so called "fans" who also always make it out to celtic games.
    pissing on streets, throwing glasses at random buses going by, jumping on car bonnets. fighting on the roads. what happened today wasnt celebrations it was hoolaganism. certain stands should be only available for the cross section of people who behave like this and burned down, we'll identify the bodies by the sovereigns and gold chains,
    rant over - backlash begins

Not unique to Dublin or Ireland for that matter. I spent a week orienteering in Sweden last week. On the night before the rest day, everyone went out and got pissed and the behaviour was exactly as you described. On the last night the police were arresting people left right and centre for being drunk and disorderly. Only a tiny proportion of those people were Irish, Scots, Kiwis or whatever stereotypical "alcy" nationality you can think of. Every country has its undesirables.

Advertisement