Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork v. Kerry online ... eh no!

Options
  • 17-07-2006 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

No webcast on RTE after all - due to 'technical problems'. Oh well, try again in another few years lads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

dhoun wrote:
    No webcast on RTE after all - due to 'technical problems'. Oh well, try again in another few years lads.
    They broadcast Charlies funeral (though they had to borrow some services from HEAnet to do it!).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

When did it go down? My father decided to watch the first 10 or so minutes online, before he realised that streaming video wasn't for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

It was on. I believe those who have NTL were unable to see it however. This was because NTL use UK listed IP addresses. It was only intended for broadcast in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭dhoun

I'm confused now - I couldn't get it and RTE displayed an apology on screen (citing the technical problems) during the Dublin match.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

I only know 3 people who tried and they said it went down after ~10mins and the apology page went up then. Were RTE were being a bit ambitious? As to why it wasn't on radio/TV somewhere is, of course, an other topic for debate.

.cg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭zuma

Ive BT and was able to watch both the WMV 9.1 and Real Media broadcasts no problem.

Didnt watch the entire match but the last 20minutes worked without a hitch.

I was actually surprised on how speedy it was for the 450k wmv feed, which on full screen and watching from a distacne was of pretty good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

ya im in lanzarote at the moment and thought id take a look but it said only availble to residents in the republic...

though ironic how the people back home didnt see it either

ah well i wasnt that interested just wanted to see how rte would do it and it seems it didnt go quiet as planned better luck next time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Had no problem at all with the 450k feed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

OFDM wrote:
    Had no problem at all with the 450k feed.
    reall the whole match

strange well it didnt work for me because im not in the republic at the moment but the other lads said it stopped working after a while

what bb provider you with?

Advertisement