Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Location of UK/US warships

• 17-07-2006 12:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Are there any websites on which one can see the location of the various Navy ships around the world? The use of navy ships to evacuate Lebanon has interested me in where ships are positioned.

I'm not looking for specific details, just a general idea of where they are.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭Bam Bam

Opsec, means you'll never know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 595 ✭✭✭gilroyb

Thanks for that, I hadn't realised I was the enemy, but guess it makes sense. The reason I asked in the first place was that I was surprised how there always seems to be a ship nearby when there has to be, yet one never hears reference to them just sailing around.

Initially I would have actually thought it wouldn't be public information, but the media seems to have absolutely no problem providing the information when necessary so I thought that maybe it was on a website somewhere.

Ah well, I guess I'll just have to find out something totally useless about something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭cushtac

The only thing you could do is keep an eye on the two navies respective webpages, if they feel like telling the world where a ship is they'll post it there.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

Usually the best you'll find is homeport information. Sites like hazegray.org usually list those.

NTM

• Advertisement
Advertisement