Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decoy Lake in North Tipperary

Options
  • 17-07-2006 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

My dad is a keen fisherman & has heard about a decoy lake in north Tipp - but he has no other details.

Does anyone know this lake??

Thanks in advance.

Faye x

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Yup,

Theres 2 lakes, a carp match/day ticket lake which anyone can fish for the price of a day ticket.

The bigger main lake which is syndicate run (you have to be in the syndicate to fish it), i think at this stage theres a 1-2 year waiting list to join the syndicate, theres carp in that lake to 30lb+, theres been a number of 30lbers caught this year, think the lake record currently stands at around 35lbs. From the photos i've seen its a particularily beautiful lake and surrounds, if it was closer to home I'd be on the waiting list.

If you head over to http://www.fishingtalkireland.com/forum/ and do a search on the Carp forum for Decoy, you'll get more info and see some pictures of the lake and the fish. Forum is down at the moment but it'll be back up prolly later on this week. It tends to go down every now and again :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thanks for the info - can you tell me exactly where in North Tipp it is??? Also where would I find info about this syndicate??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Its between Clonmel and Carrick-on-suir in Kilsheelan, on the Tipperary/Waterford border. Theres a half done website here -> http://www.kilsheelanlakes.com/, it has contact numbers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Thank you very much. :)

Advertisement