Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooking for the ladies

• 17-07-2006 12:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Heres the story, need an easy recipe to cook to impress a girl.

With the following requirements:
    1. Ingredients readily available in other countries
    2. Is easy and completly fool proof
    3. Requires the minimum amount of cooking hardware (what you would generally find in a student flat)

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Fresh pesto.

Get A large handful of fresh basil, 200g of pine nuts and 150g of parmesan, a pinch of rock salt, or any salt really.

Throw it all in a blender and when it's mushed then add about 30ml of some good olive oil.

You can mash it all in a mortar and pestle if you have one.

Mix this through a pot of drained pasta and top with fresh black pepper and some grated parmesan.

Very easy and very tasty.

I think simple and tasty is best in this case, you wont have much to do, it tastes good and you can spend some time with the real business at hand ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Pasta Ragu (spagbol!)

Olive Oil
    Celery
    Onion
    Nutmeg
    Tin of chopped tomatos
    Parsley
    Minced Beef
    Spaggeti

Get some celery, some parsley, half an onion and cut it all up until it very, very fine. Heat a liberal amount of olive oil on a pan, and throw on the afformentioned ingredients - fry on a high heat until the onions are golden. Add your mince, nutmeg and chopped tomatos and allow to cook on a low heat for 40 minutes. Boil some spaggeti in a pot, throw it all together, and enjoy! You can even stretch to making some garlic bread if you wanna be particularly impressive! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

Pasta Ragu (spagbol!)

Assuming we're talking student-age female, be sure to check she's not a veggie before serving up a plate of ground-up cow. :eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

you coudl replace ground cow w/ the quorn mince stuff. though i prefer the beef teh quorn is still nice.

you could try my one pan, one pot yummy (not too healthy) spud thing

cube some spuds and boil, when they are almost cooked strain and set aside
    finely chop some rashers and toss into the pan, add some finely sliced onions, some random herbs, black pepper and garlic, when the onions are cooked, toss in the spuds, turn the heat down low and cover with a lid for the time it takes to walk to teh shop to get a cn of coke (bout fiftenn mins)
    everything should be soft and crispy and teh onions carmaleised, than lash a load of butter on and turn it over and enjoy

possibly not so suitable for the sorta lady who can count calories and such, but tis heaven on a dish.

dont forget to have a decent dessert lined up, she's love ya forever, failing that, you can make dessert for me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dubambman

BendiBus wrote:
    Assuming we're talking student-age female, be sure to check she's not a veggie before serving up a plate of ground-up cow. :eek:
    Dont worry, this girl eats more meat than a T-Rex, and her ideal meal would be a steak and chips.
    Thanks a million for the ideas, nearly forgot completely bout the dessert, luckily we both love chocolate cake, so if anyone knows how to make a cake, i could really do with some help here.

Thanks Again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,717 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

:D as a female w/ a chocolate facsination i can help you on that one. how big and rich do you need it to be?!

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭dubambman

Tree wrote:
    :D as a female w/ a chocolate facsination i can help you on that one. how big and rich do you need it to be?!

Bigger and richer the better, only thing is that proper chocolate is hard to come by in the states. Hershey's is a definitely no no.

Thanks a million

Advertisement