Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Easy to use CMS? which is the easiest?

Options
  • 17-07-2006 6:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭

I want to do a site for a group so that they can update the news, dates and photos themselves, I would like to use a cms so that they do not have to come to me every time they would like to update any of these, what is the easiest CMS for this to be accomplished on?

Thanking you in advance for any/all help regarding this matter.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

Mambo is a good place to start. Get a nice template and away you go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

SLIM19198 wrote:
    I want to do a site for a group so that they can update the news, dates and photos themselves, I would like to use a cms so that they do not have to come to me every time they would like to update any of these, what is the easiest CMS for this to be accomplished on?

Thanking you in advance for any/all help regarding this matter.

http://www.opensourcecms.com/ hosts demo versions of a lot of CMS's that you can try out. Limited to PHP/MySQL systems but better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭axer

Try Joomla. Fairly easy to use. You could also look into setting up Wordpress. Would be easier to use than most CMSes because it is so lightweight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

For lightweight applications, I also recommend WordPress. For anything larger, I recommend bespoke development. I'm afraid I can't concur on the Joomla/Mambo front, I find them bloated and overcomplicated for regular users.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

I would recommend Wordpress too. Although WP is a bloging software it does exactly the same stuff as a CMS, take a gander at this tutorial which provides you with one or two modifications of WP to make the structure seem more like a CMS. WP has a bucket load of easy to follow modifications too.

WP is a lot more lightweight, as already mentioned, and a lot easier to use than either joomla or mambo. Although joomla/mambo are the most common cms's they're fairly complicated to get your head around at first and are very bloated with features that you don't need to do a simple add a page and edit it. WP is so simple to get off the ground.

I'd take a look at http://www.opensourcecms.com/ too before making a decision but i'd still strongly recommend Wordpress to you.

Here is the WP demo on oscms.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

thanks for all the info, will check em all out and see which one suits!

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

If you need an ASP CMS, have a look at www.allinta.com I found it quite good for the price tag

:D

Advertisement