Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Opinion:Safest/Most dangerous roads.

Options
  • 17-07-2006 8:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭

I just saw a post from Hobbes there and he mentioned the N3 as being one of the more dangerous roads, and I have to say I agree 100%. I have seen some unbelievable things on that road.
    Personally, my No.1 most dangerous would be the Trim>Batterstown>Fairyhouse junction road. I travelled this every day for about 3 years, and was truly shocked by some of the insanity. Overtaking on blind turns, intense speeding, tailgating, all the usual. Many times I seen near misses by literally inches. Other times, sadly, I saw the ones that didnt miss.

I've since found a better way to work (yeay) which is much easier, nowhere near as busy, and quite a pleasant drive to start the day. It leads me eventually onto the new M4 which I personally find to be a pleasure to drive on. You do get the odd asshole, but in comparison to the N3 or the Trim road, its a genuine pleasure.
    What causes some roads to be normal and pleasant to drive on, while others are nightmares? I could guess that the Motorway versus single carriageway could have a lot to do with it, but I've seen a lot of idiots on the M7 Carlow motorway as well, so it doesnt seem to be solely down to lane numbers. Have you any experiences of this yourself with some roads being fine and others being inhabited almost solely by w*nkers? Maybe its just personal experience, but I just thought I'd see what ye all think.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

Would go along with the opinion of the N3 being most dangerous, its mental at the best of times and they are alot of terrible drivers on it. I have been saying for years its the worst road I have ever been on. After driving up and down it for the last 7 years some things you see are mental. Most of the time now I take the Trim-Athboy-Kells road, find it alot safer

Advertisement