Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumbing troubles

Options
  • 17-07-2006 8:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I know I should really just call a plumber, but I thought I'd see if anyone could make any suggestions on a plumbing issue that I have at the moment.

basically, its a stench of sewerage thats pervading my house at certain times. Whenever the toilet is flushed in the ensuite, and then somebody has a shower in the ensuite, that little bathroom and the kitchen can fill up with an awful stench of sewers. Its getting annoying and embarrasing. The kitchen is not directly under the ensuite, but on the other side of the house.

Would this be likely down to a blocked pipe or could there be something more sinister? If its of any relevance, the ensuite sinks hot tap no longer has water coming out it, and the water quality in my area is dreadful. When you pour a glass, its more like milk than water.
    any ideas welcome!
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭De_man

had the same problem before here, lift the manhole cover, most likely it's toilet paper or something that not quite fully blocking the pipe but just "delaying" the flow of water, but it's enough to create the prob

no need for tools, use a coat hanger it'll do the trick, more than likely it's very near the manhole junction where your problem lies

try this first, otherwise dynorod wanted to charge me 200euro just to use a pressure washer to clear the prob

let us know how you get on

a pint of plain is yer only man

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭Archeron

Nice one De Man, I'll try that later.

Advertisement