Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Places to Buy Flooring in Greater Dublin???

• 17-07-2006 11:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭

Hi

Can anyone with experience tell me the best value for money places in Dublin and surrounding areas to buy flooring for an apartment.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ScottishDanny

Hi Johnny,
    There was a Sale at Brooks Thomas this weekend past. I got Solid Oak for just €28.75 sq yd! Not sure if the sale is still on though. You can get store locations here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭AdrianR

Hi Johnny,
    There was a Sale at Brooks Thomas this weekend past. I got Solid Oak for just €28.75 sq yd! Not sure if the sale is still on though. You can get store locations

TC Matthews had a similar deal in the past, it's worth watching out for these offers as you would just about get a decent laminet for the same price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

A friend of mine was looking for wooden flooring recently and he tried all of the larger stores around Dublin. He ended up getting the best value from a old shop in Ranelagh. It was 19.95/yd for semi solid. He was thrilled. Same wood was 24 in Woodies, Brooks etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭joemc99

twenty8 wrote:
    A friend of mine was looking for wooden flooring recently and he tried all of the larger stores around Dublin. He ended up getting the best value from a old shop in Ranelagh. It was 19.95/yd for semi solid. He was thrilled. Same wood was 24 in Woodies, Brooks etc.

Mulveys is the place in Renalagh, excellent value, got mine there too. They are the importers of "Canadia" flooring, so the best price will be from them.

http://www.mulveys.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭cltt97

I got my floor in Brooks in the end, too, because of the special offer, but woodworkers in Terenure had the next best deal after. I found noyeks, bearfoot and des kelly more expensive (that was all for solid oak, so can't comment on anything else). All of these (apart from woodworkers) are in Dublin 12 by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 456 ✭✭twenty8

joemc99 wrote:
    Mulveys is the place in Renalagh, excellent value, got mine there too. They are the importers of "Canadia" flooring, so the best price will be from them.

http://www.mulveys.com

Thats the place!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭Pimp Ninja

Raheny Carpets (In Raheny of all places) were great for carpeting the upstairs of the house, and Vynil (Lino) in the kitchen and Bathrooms. Reasonable price, Very quick to get it all in and finished, and brilliant work, we are very happy with it.

Picked up a Solid Oak floor last weekend for €20.00 per Sq Yard for the hallway and front room in a furniture place (Sorry cant remember the name of it) Its on the Feltrim road, just off the Malahide roundabout on Swords Road. Follow the signs for "Kidzone" and you will find the palce.
    They were very helpful sorting out the order. Id recommend asking them about delivery tho, my Fiesta didnt take to kindly to all that flooring in the back of it :) I had to do it in 3 runs.
    Getting the floor put in myself.

Advertisement