Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Extractor Fan

Options
  • 17-07-2006 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

Can anyone tell me where you can buy replacement grease and charcoal filters for Elica brand extractor fans. The one I have (it was in the house when we bought it) has no ducting/venting so I'm assuming it uses the recirculation method as described on Elica's website. I've mailed them looking for information but have heard nothing from them so far.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 288 ✭✭ScottishDanny

Hi,
    I bought a filter from DID electrical. I think they are generic and you cut them to size.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mike2006

Correct. They are a spurius part which comes in a sheet.
    You then cut to the required size. Use old one as a template.

Purchased one in Powercity last week - €7.99.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Guisseppeth

Thanks Lads. I'll give them a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭cormac_byrne

That info is good for replacing the filter matting in vented extractors, dunno about unvented ones. the OP specifically mentioned a charcoal filled cartridge, I expect they are generic. maybe the grease filter is separate as per vented systems. that still leaves the charcoal prob. iIf the cartdidge can be opened the charcoal could be replaced. It may be available at HW stores, but definitely can be got in tropical fish shops (as it's used in aquarium filters)

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Guisseppeth

Thanks Cormac. Mine is definitely unvented and on the Elica website they have the following information:

Problems are very rare when no ducting is involved, but of course there must be first a paper, fibre or aluminium grease filter, and secondly a charcoal filter. There must be a clear gap between these two filters, if not then grease will quickly contaminate the charcoal filter, rendering it useless within a very few weeks.

Grease filters should be cleaned or replaced every 3 or 4 months, and charcoal filters at around 18 months according to the amount of hob cooking time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement