Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apple Trees getting eaten by insects.

Options
  • 17-07-2006 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭

I have an apple tree in the back garden whose leaves get eaten every year by insects. Not long after the leaves start growing they are set upon by these insects and their growth gets stunted. I have sprayed regularly with an organic pesticide but it doesn't seem to work.

Under each of the leaves there seems to be hundreds of small black
    "eggs" and there seems to be quite a few ants crawling all over it as well. Last year I removed all the leaves that had any eggs or that were dying and this seemed to give it a spurt for a few weeks until the creatures returned.

I have no idea what type of tree it is. It also doesn't flower of produce fruit but I've been told that it needs a partner tree in order for them to pollinate??

Any suggestions??

Advertisement