Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Audioslave - Revelations

• 17-07-2006 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭

New Audioslave album is out on Sept 5th, the single is available to listen to on their website.

www.audioslave.com.

I am hoping this album is better than the last!!!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

Didn't think much or Original Fire on first listen tbh. Hopefully it will pick up from the second one alright, twas rather dissapointing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

I had beard that Soundgarden were going to do a ten year reunion tour. I must have been misinformed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

What you lot on the second album was good...some real good tunes on there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

i like it, though they just aint what they used to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,324 ✭✭✭Alter-Ego

Original Fire is ok, just ok. It might, but probably wont grow on me.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭seanironmaiden

I like it. I'd like it better if it wasn't an Audioslave song though.. it's just too tame. The 60s Funk Rock style is pretty cool though, even if it is a departure from The Audioslave stuff I like. I've got a few tracks off the new album and they're a lot heavier. There's gonna be a lot of funky stuff on Revelations.

I think it's kinda funny how similar the melody of Chris' vocals in the verse are to "Material Girl".

The song does have cowbell *AND* handclaps though!!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Thought Audioslaves albums were all quite good. Looking forward to their new one too;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

its actually better than i expected, tho thats not saying much, considering how poor the last album was. not a bad song tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I keep waiting for that song to move up a gear, but sadly it doesn't seem to :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,890 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

More than a little disappointed with the single All too predictable in its structure. Certainly not a patch on their previous singles in my opinion, especially Be Yourself and Like A Stone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Trip Hazard

Yeah heard about this album, should be good I hope, Out of exile wan't nearly as good as there first album, some ok tracks on it but no real stand out tracks likle the first album did. Lets hope this new one brings them back up a notch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭The Free Man

off topic, but i got a phonecall this afternoon from a friend. he just woke up and was asking me to check if the tickets for the ratm reunion gig are on sale.

he then realised it was a dream, tripped out fool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

off topic, but i got a phonecall this afternoon from a friend. he just woke up and was asking me to check if the tickets for the ratm reunion gig are on sale.

Hahahahaha, thats brilliant!, i bet he was right pissed off when he realised

that's mad.. Last week I dreamt I was at a chili's gig and when I got back from takin' a piss, a re-formed Rage were playin' on the stage. I was pissed off cos they were well into the set. They were playin a new song. It was class..

I'm still tryin' to remember it so I can steal it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭Nea

Well what do people think?

I wasn't too impressed on the first few listens but it has definately grown on me and is much better than the last album.

Chris Cornell did an acoustic session in Sweden some weeks back and it was class, he covered Billie Jean!!! His voice has changed a bit , suppose its down to giving up the fags and the booze

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Ya, was a little disappointed at start, felt is was a little tame, but as more i listen to it the more I am getting into it. Still think first album is best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

the problem with this band I think is that RATM and Soundgarden were SO influential its hard for their original fans to accept Audioslave just want to be 'another rock group' and not stand out as much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

i think its better than the last offering but thats not saying alot!
    my GOD will tom morrello ever learn a few new notes on the guitar, i like how its instantly recognisable it is but its getting a bit repetitive after what is it 4ratm albums and 3 audioslave?(not countin live stuff)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

Audioslave need to break up and Soundgarden need to reform. The latter outclassed the former even when they weren't at their best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Nah, I wouldn't want to hear Big dumb sex, Loud love, Slaves and Bulldozers, Beyon the wheel, sang with the voice he has today. I watched the videos of them playing some old soundgarden songs and it just didn't sound good. They could pull it off with the later albums, just not that earlier ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Pyr0 wrote:
    Nah, I wouldn't want to hear Big dumb sex, Loud love, Slaves and Bulldozers, Beyon the wheel, sang with the voice he has today. I watched the videos of them playing some old soundgarden songs and it just didn't sound good. They could pull it off with the later albums, just not that earlier ones.
    yeah and his attempt at bullet in the head and a few rage songs....tragic:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Porch

i think audioslaves new album is there best

Revelations and Sound of a Gun being my favourites

And Original Fire wasnt to pleasing with me but after a couple of listens it got to me its an Excellent Song

gucci wrote:
    yeah and his attempt at bullet in the head and a few rage songs....tragic:confused:

When they played Brixton last year they covered Killing in the Name of and Sleep Now in the fire and I thought he did a great job on them.

TBH I think it depends on what mood Chris is in on the performance given. I thought they were quite boring in the Point compared to Brixton , I didn't see them at ****** but reports were good.

When Soundgarden played the RDS the disappointment in people was evident, people leaving early as they were BORING.And we had waited so long to see them.

I love the mans voice as it can really move me but methinks he can be a right moaning Michael which does affect performances!!

I live Revelations a lot. Some great tracks on it, it grow to be my favourite of the 3 albums. I saw them 3times last year and they were great.. 3 times in Brixton Academy and once at ******.

That bootleg of Chris in Sweden is worth checking out if anyone's interested. audioslaved.com should have it in the forums. His cover of "Thank You" by Led Zeppelin is amazing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,836 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

really liking this album,its a great effort when you consider that this is their 3rd in 4 years,they seem to be picking up pace and sound more solid the more they go on.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Caco

Het-Field wrote:
    I had beard that Soundgarden were going to do a ten year reunion tour. I must have been misinformed

Seriously? When and where did ya hear this? It would be amazin!
    The song does have cowbell *AND* handclaps though!!!

Cowbell is always good, especially when you've got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭BleakestH

Pyr0 wrote:
    Like I said, even when they weren't at their best they still kicked the **** out of Audioslave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Black NG-60-90

The first album was good but the last two just didnt do it for me. Yeah i'd love to see Soundgarden back together again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Audioslaven

Did any of ye hear the gig in sweden with just cornell and a guitar. Must say its really good. Love the Led zep one "Thank you"

• Advertisement

Did any of ye hear the gig in sweden with just cornell and a guitar. Must say its really good. Love the Led zep one "Thank you"

Thank You is very good but I think Billie Jean is hair raising stuff.
    I cannot wait for the day to see this man play solo!!!

Advertisement