Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power out in Cork

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I, of course, am the exception that proves the rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

JohnK wrote:
    Has anyone found out what caused it yet?

It originated in Cork, but the repercussions were felt throughout the South. The reason that generators kicked in in otherwise unaffected areas was the common use of frequency sensing equipment for fault sensing etc. A slight drop in incoming frequency, and in they come.

The downtime, where backup feeds were available was ITRO 14 seconds or so, due to automatic changeover at HT level, or at the customers own incomer (i.e. lots of workstations and kettles). Some variance may have been experienced at different points on the system.

I know exactly what caused this but I can't say anymore, suffice to say it was a one off occurence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,440 ✭✭✭Dizzyblabla

I know exactly what caused this but I can't say anymore, suffice to say it was a one off occurence.
    heh heh, who pressed the wrong button? :p

I remember when I was in CIT, and they had started the apartments out the back, a digger pulled up a load of cables, we all had to evacuate the library and the labs... no fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

heh heh, who pressed the wrong button? :p

Something like that... poor git :p
    I remember when I was in CIT, and they had started the apartments out the back, a digger pulled up a load of cables, we all had to evacuate the library and the labs... no fun!

You'd be surprised how often that happens. More often than not, when I see hamfisted builders and reams of yellow machinery, I know there's trouble a' brewin'...

I wouldn't like to be the one on the ground with the shovel: "Dig away there Pawel, sure 'tis dead"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

exactiv wrote:
    I'm working over near the Kinsale Roundabout. We had no power from 1115 to 1245. Twas great, sat out the back in the sunshine with nothing to do...bliss :D

Same here... I knew there was a reason I brought a camping chair into the office :D Was supremely pissed off that it chose to come back 15 mins before lunch though :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

our generator just took over straight away....feck sake.

D-Generate, that wasn't really fair was it...I have my test thursday week....eek!

Advertisement